IBPS is the acronym (Full form: Institute of Banking Personal Selection) for an independent testing agency in India which takes contracts from the Banks, Public sector companies, Insurance firms, etc. and chairs staff recruitments for them, through Online Entrance exams and Common Interviews. The hiring deal with IBPS makes it easier for its customers to acquire new and qualified employees without spending time and resources on individual recruitment processes and exams.
IBPS recruitment begins with the profile registration of the aspirants through the official web portal of the agency, www.ibps.in. IBPS and its clients announce their upcoming recruitment drives through a press notification, usually a few days before the application link go online. Applicants should check this notification for the IBPS exam dates, syllabus, eligibility, and the interview schedule. There will be separate web pages for each IBPS recruitment, and the qualified candidates may follow the instructions on that page and apply online by paying a fee.
IBPS invites application for a number of recruitments in every year, and most of the firms they cooperate are related to banking or finance. For your clarity, I’m mentioning a few of them here.
- The official IBPS bank recruitment: This is the only IBPS recruitment or bank exam category for which you will find direct information on the Internet home page of the IBPS (www.ibps.in), for others you have to visit the respective websites. It includes IBPS labeled PO, Clerk, RRB, and Specialist recruitments.
- SBI and Associate Recruitment: IBPS separately conducts a PO, Clerk and Specialist Recruitment for State Bank of India and it’s associates SBT, SBBJ, SBP, SBM, and SBH. More details of this exam are given on this page.
- Recruitment to Insurance firms: IBPS is the prime choice for insurance companies like LIC, SBI Life, LIC Housing Finance, UIICL, NICL, New India Assurance, etc. for their recruitment to the Assistant and Officer positions.
- Recruitment to other IBPS clients: Financial Institutions of national importance, like RBI, Note Mudran Pvt. Ltd., SEBI, IRDI, NCPI, SIDBI, NABARD, ECGC, ESIC, etc. also uses IBPS services for the recruitment of employees
Apart from this, many private banks, co-operative banks, and government departments use IBPS platform for their entrance tests. You can read about all those job providers on this page.
We only cover the IBPS recruitments related to banking and finance so if you have a qualification in that domain, we recommend that you follow us on Facebook, Google Plus or Twitter for exam alerts. We also provide direct links to all ongoing IBPS online applications on this page. Do bookmark, share this URL, and visit us when you feel like applying a Bank exam.
Ongoing/Upcoming IBPS Bank Exam registrations.
As of July 2015, IBPS is accepting online applications to the following posts. You can check the particulars of each recruitment (Dates, Syllabus, eligibility, Job profile, salary & benefits) by clicking the link displayed on the right side. Red, Green and Grey colors represent ongoing, upcoming and recently ended IBPS registrations.
IRDA Recruitment 2015:: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has notified 24 vacancies (Job Notification)
EXIM Bank Recruitment 2015: Export and Import Bank of India is inviting applications to 78 posts. (Download advertisement)
NABARD Recruitment 2015: National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development has reported Officer recruitment. (Notification)
SIDBI Recruitment 2015: Small Industries Development bank requires managers. ( Job Notification)
RRB Exam 2015: Click here for everything about IBPS RRB recruitment 2015 (Come back to this page on July 7th to apply)
IBPS PO Exam 2015:Check the dates and details here. (registration starts on 10th of July)
SBI PO Exam 2015: (Check the dates, eligibility, syllabus and other details). (registration ends)
Each of these exams has a different schedule and requirements. So it is must that you thoroughly read the advertisement before proceeding to the application links given below.
Steps to apply online for IBPS
- Before applying for any exam organized by IBPS, make it sure that you are eligible, by reading the latest recruitment notification released by the agency. We have already written about IBPS’s eligibility requirements for various exams. Please refer the relevant links to see whether you qualify for the online registration. Is that fine? Let’s move ahead and find the additional requirements for filling the IBPS form online.
- Arrange a photo and signature– IBPS has laid down a few guidelines regarding the dimensions of the photo and signature that have to be uploaded to their website during online application.
These stipulations on photo and signature specs are applicable to IBPS Clerk, PO, Specialist and RRB exams.
- Order of Bank Preference: You would probably know that there are around 25 plus banks picking people from IBPS’s list. To streamline the recruitment process, IBPS has introduced a feature in the application form that enables applicants to submit a list of preferred banks ( in descending order) during the online enrollment. So, refer this page and be prepared with a bank-choice-list before starting with the registration. (Not required SBI exams or RRB).
- Examination fee for IBPS exam in 2014 is 600 INR (for GENERAL category), and 100 INR for reserved communities (SC/ST/disabled/ex-servicemen).
- If eligible, a candidate can choose to apply for both RRB Assistant and one out of the three officer cadre exams. However, they have to submit separate application forms and pay the prescribed fees amount.
The examination fee can be paid instantly via IBPS’s internet facility or offline at a designated bank branch. If you wish to pay it online, pick that option while registering for the exam. At the end of the process, the registration engine will take you to the payment page where you can select your bank account and remit the amount using an internet banking account/debit card or Credit Card.
Offline payment- how it works?
In offline payment mode, tick the ” offline ” button in the application fee section and then submit the form. IBPS after accepting your application issues a temporary password and registration number which you should note down. Take a print-out of the system generated challan given in the exit page, and then wait for at-least two working days before you go to any IBPS assigned bank location to pay the fees in offline mode.
The details in the printed challan can be used to pay the fees at the Bank branch. Get the candidate copy part of the challan signed from the bank and keep it for future use. The fee payment will be reflected in the IBPS website after 2 days and you can use the registration number/password to download the updated files.
Online application form for IBPS EXAM
- The online application form should be filled within 20 minutes, so be ready with the photograph, signature images, certificates and other important documents before navigating to the links. Use the Save/Edit option if you want to pause the registration process.
- Press the Recheck button (at the bottom) always to know whether you’ve filled all the starred boxes.
- Once you pay the fees online they will send a portal user ID and password to the registered mobile number and email address given in the application. Take a print-out of the payment receipt (for online payment) or download the challan slip ( for offline payment).
All the applicants are required to take a full-page print of the application form after the payment verification, no matter they apply in online or offline mode. The option to print the form will appear immediately after completing a successful registration-if not, you can login and print it from the application page given at the top.
Did you miss an IBPS Recruitment? Want to know about the upcoming schedules? Find out the upcoming IBPS exam dates.