IBPS is the acronym (Full form: Institute of Banking Personal Selection) for an independent testing agency in India which takes contracts from Banks, Public sector companies, Insurance firms, etc. and chairs staff recruitments for them, through Online Entrance exams and Common Interviews. The hiring deal with IBPS makes it easier for its customers to acquire new and qualified employees without spending time and resources on individual recruitment processes and exams.
IBPS recruitment begins with the profile registration of the aspirants through the official web portal of the agency, www.ibps.in. IBPS and its clients announce their upcoming recruitment drives through a press notification, usually a few days before the application link go online. Applicants should check this notification for the IBPS exam dates, syllabus, eligibility, and the interview schedule. There will be separate web pages for each IBPS recruitment, and the qualified candidates may follow the instructions on that page and apply online by paying a fee.
IBPS invites application for a number of recruitments in every year, and most of the firms they cooperate are related to banking or finance. For your clarity, I’m mentioning a few of them here.
- The official IBPS bank recruitment: This is the only IBPS recruitment or bank exam category for which you will find direct information on the Internet home page of the IBPS (www.ibps.in), for others you have to visit the respective websites. It includes IBPS labeled PO, Clerk, RRB, and Specialist recruitments.
- SBI and Associate Recruitment: IBPS separately conducts a PO, Clerk and Specialist Recruitment for State Bank of India and it’s associates SBT, SBBJ, SBP, SBM, and SBH. More details of the SBI recruitment are given on this page.
- Recruitment to Insurance firms: IBPS is the prime choice for insurance companies like LIC, SBI Life, LIC Housing Finance, UIICL, NICL, New India Assurance, etc. for their recruitment to the Assistant and Officer positions.
- Recruitment to other IBPS clients: Financial Institutions of national importance, like RBI, Note Mudran Pvt. Ltd., SEBI, IRDI, NCPI, SIDBI, NABARD, ECGC, ESIC, etc. also uses IBPS services for the recruitment of employees
Apart from this, many private banks, co-operative banks, and government departments use IBPS platform for their entrance tests.
We only cover the IBPS recruitments related to banking and finance so if you have a qualification in that domain, we recommend that you follow us on Facebook, Google Plus or Twitter for exam alerts. We also provide direct links to all ongoing IBPS online applications on this page. Do bookmark, share this URL, and visit us when you feel like applying a Bank exam.
Ongoing/Upcoming IBPS Bank Exam registrations.
As of July 2015, IBPS is accepting online applications to the following posts. You can check the particulars of each recruitment (Dates, Syllabus, eligibility, Job profile, salary & benefits) by clicking the link displayed on the right side. Red, Green and Grey colors represent ongoing, upcoming and recently ended IBPS registrations.
The Oriental Insurance company Recruitment 2015:: OICL has announced the recruitment of 606 assistants. You can apply online for the upcoming exam through IBPS until 28th of July. (Download OICL Job Notification)
RRB Exam 2015: Click here for the Syllabus, eligibility, and schedule of the IBPS RRB recruitment 2015 (Check below to apply)
IBPS PO Exam 2015:Check the dates and details here. (application link given below)
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2015: IBPS to start the online registration for this year’s Clerk Recruitment from 8th of August 2015.
NABARD Recruitment 2015: National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development has reported Officer recruitment. (Notification)
SIDBI Recruitment 2015: Small Industries Development bank requires managers. ( Job Notification)
UIICL Assistant Recruitment 2015: United India Insurance reports Clerical Vacancy (Click here to apply)
Each of these exams has a different schedule and requirements. So it is must that you thoroughly read the advertisement before proceeding to the application links given below.
Steps to apply online for IBPS
- All the information you wanted to fill the IBPS web application is there in the notification. Open it up and cross-check your age and educational qualification with IBPS norms. If that is fine, you can go ahead and read the other important things mentioned below, and finally to the enrollment page.
- Arrange a photo and signature: There is a guideline on the dimensions of the photo and signature that can be uploaded to the IBPS website during your online application. You can use Adobe PhotoShop or MS Paint or any web-based tools to shrink and adjust the scanned images to fit the dimensions given in the following screenshot.
- Order of Bank Preference: You might already know that more than 100 financial institutions select employees through IBPS’s exams. After publishing the results, IBPS places the successful applicants to one of the participating institutions through a web-based mechanism. Normally candidates have no control over this process. However, recently they have introduced a useful feature in the online application form where the appliers get the option to choose their preferred bank or institution while signing up for the recruitment. That means the applicants can just let know IBPS, which bank they prefer for the employment. IBPS will list all the participating firms in the registration form, and you may pick which the ones you prefer, in the descending order. It would be a time-saver if you could prepare the order of preference just before starting with the registration. Check this page to see all the banks/insurance companies supporting IBPS recruitments.
- Examination fee for IBPS and SBI PO, Clerk, RRB, and Specialist Recruitments in 2015 is 600 INR (for GENERAL category), and 100 INR for reserved communities (SC/ST/disabled/ex-servicemen). You will get to know the exact amount from the form after completing all the places.
- IBPS RRB aspirants may separately apply for Assistant and Officer posts if they are eligible for both posts. However, applying for more than one Officer title is not permitted, and it may cancel your other applications.
- IBPS website may go offline or become slow during peak hours, and sometimes your browser may crash. So the candidates are advised to use a high-speed Internet connection and a new-age browser like Chrome/Firefox for IBPS registration purposes.
- You need to submit a mobile number and e-mail address to IBPS to receive all communications related to the exam your are applying.
The examination fee can be paid instantly via IBPS’s internet facility or offline* at an IBPS designated Bank branch. If you wish to pay it online, pick that option while registering for the exam. At the end of the process, the registration engine will take you to the payment page where you can select your Bank account and remit the amount using an Internet banking account/Debit card or Credit Card.
Offline payment- how it works?
In offline payment mode, tick the ” offline ” button in the application fee section and then submit the form. IBPS after accepting your application issues a temporary password and registration number which you should note down. Take a print-out of the system generated challan given in the exit page, and then wait for at-least two working days before you go to any IBPS assigned bank location to pay the fees in offline mode.
The details in the printed challan can be used to pay the fees at the Bank branch. Get the candidate copy part of the challan signed from the bank and keep it for future use. The fee payment will be reflected in the IBPS website after 2 days and you can use the registration number/password to download the updated files.
*Offline payment option is not available for some recruitments.
Online application form for IBPS EXAM
Open the IBPS PO recruitment application: Click here.
Register for IBPS RRB Exam 2015 Assistant here, Officer Scale 1- here, Officer Scale 2- here.
Apply for IBPS recruitment to OICL (oriental insurance company)here.
Once you’re on the correct page, your will find the schedule of the selected IBPS recruitment on the left-hand side and a Yellow registration button at the top-right corner. When you click that button a pop-up will appear informing you the “points to be noted” while filling the form.
- The first page of the IBPS application form is all about collecting your name and contact information. Please double-check the data you enter on this page, there won’t be a second chance to edit it. A temporary registration number and password will be generated when you press Save and Next button.
- Candidates completing the first step may attempt the other parts of the application form at a later point in time by signing in with the provisional registration number and password.
- Those who have the corrected photo&signature may proceed to second page and upload it to the IBPS servers.
- The third page collects the applicant’s educational qualifications, experience, language proficiency, etc. Hit the “Recheck” button (at the bottom) to know whether you’ve filled all the starred boxes.
- Finally, the candidates will get an opportunity to see their completed application form. They may not be able to make any changes to it after passing this page.
- You will find the fee amount in the next step, and your registration will be approved after paying the recommended amount through Credit/Debit cards or Internet banking. IBPS will report a successful payment to the mobile number and email address that you provided in the online application. Take a print-out of the payment receipt (for online payment) or download the challan slip ( for offline payment).
- Candidates can contact IBPS and raise complaints in this page if they face any problem during registrations or later.
Did you miss an IBPS Recruitment? Want to know about the upcoming schedules? Find out the upcoming IBPS exam dates.