IBPS recruitment begins with the profile registration of the aspirants through the official web portal of the agency, www.ibps.in. IBPS and its clients announce their upcoming recruitment drives through a press notification, usually a few days before the application link go online. Applicants should check this notification for the IBPS exam dates, syllabus, eligibility, and the interview schedule. There will be separate web pages for each IBPS recruitment, and the qualified candidates may follow the instructions on that page and apply online by paying a fee.
IBPS invites application for a number of recruitments in every year, and most of the firms they cooperate are related to banking or finance. For your clarity, I’m mentioning a few of them here.
- The official IBPS bank recruitment: This is the only IBPS recruitment or bank exam category for which you will find direct information on the Internet home page of the IBPS (www.ibps.in), for others you have to visit the respective websites. It includes IBPS labeled PO, Clerk, RRB, and Specialist recruitments.
- SBI and Associate Recruitment: IBPS separately conducts a PO, Clerk and Specialist Recruitment for State Bank of India and it’s associates SBT, SBBJ, SBP, SBM, and SBH.
- Recruitment to Insurance firms: IBPS is the prime choice for insurance companies like LIC, SBI Life, LIC Housing Finance, UIICL, NICL, New India Assurance, etc. for their recruitment to the Assistant and Officer positions.
- Recruitment to other IBPS clients: Financial Institutions of national importance, like RBI, Note Mudran Pvt. Ltd., SEBI, IRDI, NCPI, SIDBI, NABARD, ECGC, ESIC, etc. also uses IBPS services for the recruitment of employees
Apart from this, many private banks, co-operative banks, and government departments use IBPS platform for their entrance tests.
We only cover the IBPS recruitments related to banking and finance so if you have a qualification in that domain, we recommend that you follow us on Facebook, Google Plus or Twitter for exam alerts. We also provide direct links to all ongoing IBPS online applications on this page. Do bookmark, share this URL, and visit us when you feel like applying a Bank exam.
Ongoing/Upcoming IBPS Bank Exam registrations.
As of January 2016, IBPS is accepting online applications to the following posts. You can check the particulars of each recruitment (Dates, Syllabus, eligibility, Job profile, salary & benefits) by clicking the link displayed on the right side. Red, Green and Grey colors represent ongoing, upcoming and recently ended IBPS registrations. Scroll down to the end of this article for the links to application forms.
Central Bank of India Recruitment: IBPS is collecting web application from candidates interested in becoming Chartered accountants in Central Bank of India. CBI is a government-backed bank based in Mumbai, and this recruitment is for the selection 58 Specialist officers (Credit) to Middle Management Group II position. Download Notification to read the eligibility requirements and other details. The last date is 30-01-2016.
IBPS Specialist Recruitment 2016 (re-registration): IBPS has revised the educational eligibility for applying to the Specialist Recruitment “Agriculture Officer” cadre and is conducting a re-registration for the post. For further details, read the notification here. IBPS had completed the regular online registration for 2016’s Specialist Recruitment on 10th of December. Check this page for IBPS Specialist (SO) job description, eligibility, and the schedule.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016: IBPS to start the online registration for this year’s SBI Clerk Recruitment in a few weeks. Stay tuned to this page for updates.
Regional Rural Bank Recruitment: IBPS ended the web application for the RRB recruitment 2015 on 28th of July. The final result of this recruitment has been declared, successful candidates may apply for the ongoing Recruitment to Rural Banks. (Click here to read more about RRB recruitment)
IBPS PO Exam 2015: Check the dates and details here. (Registration ends on 01-08-2015)
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2015: Online application for last year’s IBPS Clerk Recruitment ended on 01-09-2015. You can read further information about this process on our page about IBPS Clerk Exam.
As you can see, IBPS has successfully executed the online registration for 2015’s Bank Exams (PO, Clerk, Specialist and RRB). If you want to know the current status of these recruitments, or the dates of the upcoming bank exams in 2016, visit IBPS schedule.
Each of these exams has a different schedule and requirements. So it is must that you thoroughly read the advertisement before proceeding to the application links given below.
Steps to apply online for IBPS
- All the information you wanted to fill the IBPS web application is there in the notification. Open it up and cross-check your age and educational qualification with IBPS norms. If that is fine, you can go ahead and read the other important things mentioned below, and finally to the enrollment page.
- Arrange a photo and signature: There is a guideline on the dimensions of the photo and signature that can be uploaded to the IBPS website during your online application. You can use Adobe PhotoShop or MS Paint or any web-based tools to shrink and adjust the scanned images to fit the dimensions given in the following screenshot.
These stipulations on photo and signature specs apply to IBPS Clerk, PO, Specialist and RRB exams, and all the other IBPS recruitments mentioned above.
- Order of Bank Preference: You might already know that more than 100 financial institutions select employees through IBPS’s exams. After publishing the results, IBPS places the successful applicants to one of the participating institutions through a web-based mechanism. Normally candidates have no control over this process. However, recently they have introduced a useful feature in the online application form where the appliers get the option to choose their preferred bank or institution while signing up for the recruitment. That means the applicants can just let know IBPS, which bank they prefer for the employment. IBPS will list all the participating firms in the registration form, and you may pick which the ones you prefer, in the descending order. It would be a time-saver if you could prepare the order of preference just before starting with the registration. Check this page to see all the banks/insurance companies supporting IBPS recruitments.
- Examination fee for IBPS and SBI PO, Clerk, RRB, and Specialist Recruitments in 2015 is 600 INR (for GENERAL category), and 100 INR for reserved communities (SC/ST/disabled/ex-servicemen). You will get to know the exact amount from the form after completing all the places.
- IBPS RRB aspirants may separately apply for Assistant and Officer posts if they are eligible for both posts. However, applying for more than one Officer title is not permitted, and it may cancel your other applications.
- IBPS website may go offline or become slow during peak hours, and sometimes your browser may crash. So the candidates are advised to use a high-speed Internet connection and a new-age browser like Chrome/Firefox for IBPS registration purposes.
- You need to submit a mobile number and e-mail address to IBPS to receive all communications related to the exam your are applying.
The examination fee can be paid instantly via IBPS’s internet facility or offline* at an IBPS designated Bank branch. If you wish to pay it online, pick that option while registering for the exam. At the end of the process, the registration engine will take you to the payment page where you can select your Bank account and remit the amount using an Internet banking account/Debit card or Credit Card.
Offline payment- how it works?
In offline payment mode, tick the ” offline ” button in the application fee section and then submit the form. IBPS after accepting your application issues a temporary password and registration number which you should note down. Take a print-out of the system generated challan given in the exit page, and then wait for at-least two working days before you go to any IBPS assigned bank (BOB, BOI, BOM, CBI, IOB, PNB or UBI) location to pay the fees in offline mode.
The details in the printed challan can be used to pay the fees at the Bank branch. Get the candidate copy part of the challan signed from the bank and keep it for future use. The fee payment will be reflected in the IBPS website after 2 days and you can use the registration number/password to download the updated files.
*Offline payment option is not available for some recruitments.
Online application form for IBPS Recruitments/Bank EXAM
Open the application form for Central Bank of India Recruitment 2016 here.
Register online for the IBPS Specialist Recruitment 2016 (Agriculture Officer) here.
Please note that the application pages for the RRB Job vacancies linked above are different from normal IBPS registration pages. It is only applicable to existing RRB score holders; such candidates may login with their RRB reg number and password to apply for the suitable position.
The following steps explain the application process in regular IBPS recruitments as of 2016.