Regional Rural Banks or RRBs are a genre of financial institutions in India which the government established in 1976 by the RRB Act. The formative goal of the RRBs is to foster the rustic population and agricultural sector through financial aids and associated efforts. However, these days the member banks have broadened their range of businesses, and they operate like new-age public sector and private banks. RRBs substantially contribute to the bank job vacancies reported in India, thanks to the 20000 and growing number of branches. Now, if you’re looking forward to getting a job in a Regional Rural Bank in 2015, the most feasible way is to take part in IBPS RRB recruitment.
Some facts about the Regional Rural Banks or RRBs.
- RRBs or Gramin Banks are nurtured and financed by the Central and State Governments; they contribute a significance amount to the working capital of the Rural Banks.
- Each RRBs gets a PSU Bank as its sponsor, which leads the RRB in setting up the business by the means of technology sharing, training, attracting funds, etc. in association with NABARD.
- The service area of each Regional Rural Bank is limited to a particular geographic zone. Earlier, there were around 170 RRBs in India; the number came down to nearly 60 with the merger of several banks. The new government policy, to have “one Gramin Bank for each State” has helped the RRBs to streamline and improve their credit availability, recruitment process and advertising efforts. All the newly constituted RRBs and the rest recruit their employees through IBPS RRB exam.
- Although the RRBs have spread out their business to more sections of the society, the priority is still agriculture and rural banking.
- You can locate the RRBs in your state, and all the other banks accepting IBPS exam score in this page.
Everything about IBPS RRB recruitment in 2015
IBPS’s standard recruitment practices to RRBs start with the declaration of the online exam through a notification. IBPS advertises the dates of registration on their website, and the ideal candidates can apply for the posts by filing a web form throughout the given schedule. There are four job positions in Gramin Banks that are provisioned through IBPS recruitment, namely Office Assistant, Officer Scale One, Officer Scale 2, and Officer Scale 3. An eligible candidate can apply to IBPS RRB Assistant and one of the Officer situations during a recruitment cycle, but he/she has to submit independent applications for each post.
IBPS RRB Recruitment 2015: dates of the upcoming online registration, exams and the interview.
As shown below, this year’s IBPS RRB exam applications starts on 8th of July 2015 and ends on 28th. Candidates can edit and make changes to their forms before making the payment, and this facility is available till the last date.
Update: Download your IBPS RRB Exam 2015 Call Letter/Admit Card here.
Regional Rural banks will conduct a pre-examination coaching for the members from reserved and backward communities applying for the RRB recruitment. Candidates entitled for this training have to assert that in the application form, and they will be intimated the schedule through a call letter.
Details of the IBPS RRB exam 2015:
As per the calendar given above, IBPS online examination to the RRB vacancies will take place some day in September 2015. IBPS will allocate a date and test center for each applicant based on the location preferences given in the form, cadre choice, etc. and a call letter will be issued. The call letter will include details of IBPS RRB exam like date, venue, time and general instructions.
Now, regarding IBPS RRB exam, it is an objective-oriented and quiz based web test that assesses the examinees with around 200 questions- there will be four answer options. Each right answers a candidate makes in IBPS RRB exam brings one mark to the table, and a wrong answer cuts .25 from the total. Given below is the up-to-date syllabus and structure of IBPS RRB exam in 2015.
Usually, the bank exams in India have a test in English; however, for IBPS RRB exam, it is not obligatory, and you can settle on Hindi for the language test section. You can also select Hindi as the medium for IBPS RRB examination web interface. A demo of the IBPS online exam is there on this page.
IBPS RRB exam: preparation of the final score.
Candidates have to pass each module and obtain a minimum total score for the admission to RRB interviews. The participating RRBs and IBPS will adjudicate this lowest score based on the performance of all candidates and other individual requirements. IBPS determines the Cut-off marks for RRB exam after taking mean and standard deviation (SD) of the results. The new IBPS RRB notification says that it will be 3/4 SD for SC/ST category and 1/4 of SD for general category applicants. Calculated score (adjusting decimals) will be normalised by the equipercentile method to compensate the difficulty level of the exam and to prepare CWE score. IBPS CWE card will be released on upon finalizing the result and completion of the interview. Those who don’t get an allotment during IBPS RRB recruitment may keep the score card and apply for the RRB and third-party job notifications expected in 2016, up to 31st of December.
Best books to prepare for IBPS RRB exam in 2015
IBPS seems to have a closely matching syllabus and pattern for the RRB, Clerk, PO and Specialist Exams. Therefore, it is pretty clear that those books published for IBPS exams in various grades are useful for preparing the RRB Assistant exam and Officer 1, 2, and 3 scales in 2015. Linked below are a few books we believe worth recommending for the upcoming RRB exam.
Kiran’s RRB Officer Exam book: This book contains the previous years IBPS RRB Officer exam’s questions papers in solved format. It is specially designed for RRB PO recruitment and includes questions on computer knowledge, financial awareness and GK. Click here to Buy
Kiran’s RRB Officer Assistant book: Those who are preparing for IBPS RRB Clerical cadre exam may purchase this book for the trying out last years question papers. This book comes with GK, computer knowledge and model questions on Hindi language. Kiran’s guide for RRB Assistant also includes question papers from pre-IBPS Gramin Bank recruitments. Click here to Buy
Kiran’s guide for IBPS Clerk Exam: We highly recommend this text for IBPS RRB Office Assistant aspirants, although it is designed for IBPS Clerk Exam. The book comes with all the questions from previous IBPS exams in Clerical domain. Model questions from modules like numerical ability, English, quantitative aptitude and banking awareness are also covered in this book. Click here to Buy
Kiran’s solved papers for IBPS PO 2015: This is one of the latest release from Kiran Prakashan for IBPS PO exam in 2015. This guide is recommended for RRB Officer Scale-1, Scale-2 and Scale-3 applicants taking General Banking Officer. Topics like Reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English and Financial awareness are well discussed and explained. Click here to Buy
Books for IBPS RRB Specialist Officers: Candidates applying for IBPS RRB Officer Scale-2 Specialist category have to prepare additionally for the professional knowledge sections like IT, HR, Marketing, Law, etc. Arihant Publishing has released a few books for those who are targeting the specialist exam. Click here to buy.
We request you to read reviews and browse through all the related books before making your purchase decision.
Types of vacancies in RRBs: Eligibility conditions and Salary levels.
IBPS has a few criteria regarding the age of the applying candidates; the age requirements for IBPS RRB exams along with the relaxation norms are given below. Cumulative relaxation is valid for aspirants with reservation, but one can only take a single category for this benefit. (age as on 01-07-2015)
- Office Assistants (18-28 years): Office Assistant is fundamentally an RRB equivalent profession to Clerical Cadre in Indian banks. The Office Assistants in RRBs may have distinctive roles upon appointment, and they will be tutored to meet the desired standards. An RRB clerical job involves account opening, cash collection, cheque verification, lead generation, and lot many things you may see as the essential tasks in a bank. Typically, the training period for an RRB Assistant is one year, and the approximate salary at the beginning is 16250/- INR. Knowledge of Computers and Office software is an added advantage for Clerical and Scale-1 posts.
- Officer Scale 1 (18-30 years): Scale – 1 officer is a manager trainee post in Gramin Bank. On successful completion of the two-year probation, the PO elects will get the rank of Assistant Manager. The in-hand salary of a newly appointed Scale-1 RRB officer is around 29350 INR. Candidates applying for Office Assistant and Officer Level-1 posts are required to have proficiency in local language of the region where the RRB is located.
- Officer Scale 2 (21-32 years)- The RRB Officer Middle Management entrants are supposed to work anywhere in India. This is a manager level post that requires experience and professional aptitudes. Specialists recruited to Regional Rural banks comes into this group. The Scale-2 officers have to undergo a probation of two years and on appointment they will get a starting salary of around 39300 INR.
- Officer Scale 3 (21-40 years): Officer Scale 3 (21-40 years): This senior manager post in RRBs requires the applicants to have at least five years of banking or industry experience in relevant fields. Candidates applying to the Scale 2 and Scale 3 officer posts in RRBs may submit their bank preferences during the online application. The starting salary for this category of managers is above 50000 INR.
The latest RRB pay scale is given below. (Subject to a revision in 2015)
Candidates applying to the IBPS RRB Scales are expected to have the following educational qualifications on or before 28-07-2015. Computer Knowledge is a merit, and such candidates will get a preferential treatment during the interviews.
Apply online for IBPS RRB recruitment 2015
As mentioned earlier, a candidate can submit the application for RRB Assistant and one of Officer posts as a part of this recruitment. Check the eligibility guidelines given above and continue to the following link to read the formalities for filling the web form. IBPS gives only around 20 minutes to complete and submit RRB applications, so make sure you know all the prerequisites before starting with registration.
The updated fees for IBPS RRB online application in 2015 is 600 INR for general category and 100 INR for SC/ST and other underprivileged classes. Candidates will be presented with a new browser window and an SMS containing application details right after successful registration. The temporary registration number will be confirmed after payment, and the same number and password shall be used to edit, re-submit the application form before the deadline. The confirmed IBPS login can also be used to download call letters and check all the updates related to RRB recruitment in the future.
IBPS RRB common interviews.
IBPS and RRBs have fixed a minimum qualifying marks for admitting candidates to the interviews, and as of 2015 it is “40% of the total weighted standard score” for forward-classes and 35% for SC/ST/PWD candidates. All the competitors getting marks above the minimum score will face a shortlisting stage for the RRB interviews. RRBs decide the criteria for shortlisting in consultation with IBPS, and then a call letter will be released to the appropriate entrants.
The total mark apportioned for IBPS RRB interview is 100. Marks scored by the candidate in the interview will be revised to make it out of 30 so that the ratio of CWE and interview scores will be in 70:30. Candidates are instructed to carry all the documents and identity proofs to the interview sessions. Those who apply for Assistant/Scale-1 post and fail to demonstrate the language proficiency will be terminated from further proceedings. IBPS may deny allotment to candidates who record less than the minimum marks in interview sessions.
The provisional appointment of a candidate to RRBs is based on the combined score (out of 100) which is the sum of interview and CWE scores, and also the number of vacancies reported, and the preferences given in the application. IBPS will keep a reserve list of the RRB candidates who couldn’t make it to the allotment in the first session. It counts to approximately 10% of the unallocated rank list, and such people may get a placement if any RRB reports vacancies during the validity of the RRB exam 2015.
Latest Job opportunities for IBPS RRB Score holders
Job opportunities for IBPS RRB Score holders are not limited to IBPS’s provisional allotment to the participating RRBs. In 2014-2015 season many insurance firms and private banks used IBPS CWE score to recruit candidates. However, All the third-party financial institutions taking people with IBPS score may have their own specific criteria on the cut-off score, and they may conduct separate interviews to select the employees. We have listed all the ongoing Gramin Bank/RRB recruitment which uses previous years IBPS scores right below this line.
Kaveri Grameena Bank recruitment: Mysore-based Kaveri Gramin Bank is inviting applications from IBPS RRB Score holders for 12 officer Scale-2 posts. Online registration ends on 30-06-2015. Click here to apply online.
Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank recruitment:Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank is a newly formed RRB that represents the State of Haryana. The bank now holds the assets and business of the Haryana Gramin Bank and Gurgaon Gramin Bank with almost 560 branches after the 2013’s merger. SHGB is recruiting to all IBPS RRB assignments (Assistant to Scale-3) as per the latest notification, the total number of vacancies is 263. Click here to apply online.
Candidates can use their existing IBPS RRB registration number and password to sign in and apply for these recruitments. However, the conditions listed in the notification apply to each of the RRBs.