India’s largest bank SBI has started inviting applications from eligible graduates and post-graduates to the post of Specialists to SBI group of banks (SBT, SBM, SBH, SBBJ, SBP) spread across the country. The “common examination” part of the 2015’s State Bank Specialist Recruitment are managed by IBPS, and the agency has already put the online application form up for registrations. SBI aims to fill nearly 75 Specialist vacancies through this recruitment, to which you can apply online from 8th of April 2015, up-to 27th of April 2015.
Ongoing SBI recruitments in 2015
Recruitment of Specialist Officers (SO) in State Bank Bank Group.
Recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO) in State Bank Bank of India. Click here to Register
Duties of a Specialists in SBI and it’s associate banks.
Specialists as the post-name points handle unique roles in SBI and State Bank Group of banks which are immediately not related to money matters. However, no banking institution ever be able to run without the help of specialist officers. Primary duties of the Specialist Officers in SBI is very similar to what is mentioned in our post about the IBPS specialist recruitment 2015.
Latest SBI Recruitment in 2015: Specialist Vacancies open in SBI and Associate banks.
At present SBI and its five associate banks operate as separate businesses, but they have relatively identical organizational structure, and they share many common resources. From last year, SBI is organizing the recruitment process to its associates SBT, SBBJ, SBP, SBM, and SBH. The banking major reported the following Specialist vacancies in 2015 on its newest notification.
Those who get the Specialist post through the upcoming SBI online exam in 2015 has to work in the respective banks to which they apply until there is any possible merger with SBI. State Bank of India is just the recruitment facilitator: the location of posting, compensation, etc. will be decided by individual banks.
Apply online for SBI Exam in 2015: Things to note
- Dates: State Bank authorities have mentioned it in the notification that the SBI exam to Specialist post will be on 14th of June 2015. So you get approximately two month for preparation from the start date of the online application.
- Eligibility: SBI has revised the eligibility requirements for the Specialist Exam in 2015 and now it is principally equal to the IBPS exam in this category. You have to satisfy all the regulations listed below to participate in the forthcoming exam.
1. The aspirant should be an Indian National.
2. A pass in professional degree or Post-graduation course took from a recognized University or Council. SBI requires the candidates to be “well experienced” in their field of study for registering specialist exams. The given image shows (above) the exact educational eligibility for each SBI Specialist post in 2015.
3. The age limit for applying SBI Specialist recruitment is 21-45 and is further subject to the category of job selected, and a non-cumulative relaxation as explained below. (Age as on 01-04-2015)
OBC candidates seeking relaxation in the age-norms of the SBI Specialist Exam have to submit a certificate issued by the Govt. of India. The certificate should include a clause establishes that the candidate do not belong to a creamy-layer OBC class.
- SBI exam application Checklist:Candidates who are eligible under the above given criteria may refer the following checklist to prepare yourself for the online application. IBPS allows 20 minutes to complete the form, so you have to arrange everything at your disposal before starting with the registration.
1. Photo & Signature: In order to append it with the online application, aspirants have to bring a scanned photograph and signature in the specified dimensions and sizes recommended by IBPS. Check this link for the latest IBPS rules on photo and signature for online banks exam registrations.
2. Fees: 600 for GEN, 100 for Ex-servicemen, SC/SC/XS and PWD. You can pay the fees for appearing SBI recruitment 2015 in offline and online methods. If you are paying it online, select “online” option in the application form and complete the transaction using the internet banking account/Credit/Debit card. Else, print the challan that gets generated after submitting the online form and visit any State Bank branch to complete the payment. At the branch, they will accept payments from day-two afterwards your registration- you will also get a message once it get recorded.
3. Choose a State and Examination Center.
4. Decide whether you want to take pre-examination training or not: it is free and available only for reserved candidates.
5. Keep a valid email ID and mobile number for receiving alerts from IBPS.
6. An applicant is permitted apply for one Specialist position at a time.
Post submission of fees the candidate has to print the e-receipt generated and full-page application form by going to this page. Here, IBPS also provides an option to edit or make modifications to the SBI SO Exam application, for the ones who selected that option during registration. Those who are paying the fees through offline mode should get the challan receipt printed from the same page.
Get the “candidate’s copy” part of the challan inked from the SBI branch and keep it safe as a proof.
Format of the upcoming SBI Specialist Exam 2015.
It would be just like a standard IBPS online examination (Demo). Candidates will get 2 hours and 15 minutes to solve the 200 questions in 5 sections. Each module carries 40 marks and the takers have to secure a minimum score in every segment of the exam to become qualified for the SBI Specialist interview. And yes, there is negative marking, 1/4 per wrong answer.
Selection process after SBI Specialist Exam.
IBPS will publish the results of the SBI Specialist Exam some time in August 2015. After that, all the winning contenders get invited for State-wise interviews. A final rank list will be published by summing the marks from the interview and online test- the same will be used to supply existing and incoming clerk openings in the State Bank locations. The whole of the SBI recruitment completes when the successful candidates get the appointment letter. A newly appointed State Bank of India executive in Specialist cadre is eligible for an approximate monthly salary of 34000-84000 INR/- depending upon the area and category of posting.