RBI (Reserve Bank of India) is the principal authority in our nation when it comes to banking and financial affairs. Also known as the Central Bank, RBI carefully monitors the economic conditions of the State, its institutions, industries, and lives of the people, to announce various policies that directly or indirectly affect the money matters of the depending entities. Located in Mumbai, RBI has 19 offices and nine sub-offices across the country that generates approximately 1000 jobs on a yearly basis. Most of the RBI vacancies fall into Clerical or Assistant category, and from the year 2014 IBPS handles the online registration for RBI Assistant recruitment. If you want to apply online for the RBI Clerk/Assistant Exam in 2016, for the intake in 2017, just do what is given on this page.
Assistant recruitments happen yearly at SBI, Public Sector Banks, Insurance firms, and many other financial institutions under the supervision of IBPS. But the Assistant job in RBI is valued a lot higher among all the IBPS recruitments in that category. RBI gives the best initial salary for the Assistants. The starting basic pay at RBI for an Assistant is 14650; whereas with other banks, it’s just 11756. When you add-up the DA, special allowance, HRA, CCA, etc., the pre-tax salary comes to around 32000 INR for a new RBI clerical staff, not to mention benefits like low-interest loans, insurance, and reimbursements.
RBI Assistant Recruitment 2017 dates
Conventionally the post of a Clerk in RBI is known as an Assistant, and you will find the same mentioned everywhere including the 2016 notification. Although the registration and examination for this recruitment is carried out in 2016, the process of allotment of the selected candidates happen only in 2017. The first and foremost step when you apply for an IBPS recruitment is to note down the schedule, which includes online registration and examination dates. Have a look at the following table for RBI Assistant Exam dates in 2016.
- According to RBI, the online registration for the Clerk exam begins on 7th of November 2016 and ends on 28th. A candidate hardly gets one month to prepare for the first exam as the proposed date is in December.
- The total number of Clerk vacancies reported for the 2017 selection is 670.
- From this year, RBI Assistant Recruitment will include a preliminary exam and Main exam. The dates mentioned here are approximate, candidates will be communicated through an email and SMS.
- Interview phase has been withdrawn, the marks scored in the main exam is considered final selection.
Eligibility for applying RBI clerk recruitment in 2016
RBI Assistant application is open to all Indian citizens who have passed a degree course from a UGC accepted university with at least 50% marks. However, there are some additional requirements (especially on age ) mentioned below.
The age of the applier should be or above 20 yrs and below 28 as of 07-11-2016. That means candidates who are born before 08-11-1988 and after 07-11-1996 are not eligible for this post. A non-cumulative relaxation on this criteria is applicable for candidates with experience in RBI, Ex-Servicemen, widows, disabled and members of the minority communities.
Candidates are required to have written and verbal skills in the local language of the State or area where their chosen RBI office is located.
Experience in computers, especially MS Word is required.
RBI Assistant Exam Syllabus and pattern in 2016
RBI Assistant Exam is pretty approachable for persons who have successfully cracked IBPS Clerk Exam. What makes it difficult is the limited number of vacancies. The modules given in following the syllabus of the RBI Assistant Exam is exactly related to the IBPS preliminary and Main examinations. Students who are already preparing for bank recruitments, including IBPS and SBI Clerk exams get another opportunity to test their proficiency if they apply for RBI Assistant Recruitment.
RBI Assistant Min Exam has five tests that carry 40 marks, and that brings the total to 200 marks. The advertisement says that there will be negative marking for wrong answers up-to 1/4 per question. A demo of the IBPS’s online exam interface is given on this page.
If you like to buy a book and prepare for RBI Assistant Exam, we believe that RPH’s RBI Assistants Recruitment Exam Guide
would be an excellent choice. (Buy it here) It is a bit old for general knowledge topics, but you will get a decent coverage on previous RBI Assistant Exams. Check the related listings for books that include the latest syllabus. For GK, we recommend Manorama Year Book 2016. Buy it here.
Apply online for RBI Assistant Exam 2016
- Download the RBI Assistant 2017 notification here.
- Eligible candidates have to prepare their photo and signature before applying online. The dimension of the photo and signature and other guidelines for submitting the RBI exam application form through IBPS is given on this page.
- All regulations relevant for the IBPS application system applies to RBI Assistant recruitment except for the fees for web registration, which is 450 INR.
- If you are ready, you may advance to the following link to start with your RBI Assistant registration. You need a working email ID and SMS for receiving all future communications from RBI and IBPS.
The IBPS application for RBI Assistant has 4 main pages. You will get a registration number and password right after completing the first page. This ID and Password is required for collecting call letters and all the future communications from IBPS and RBI. You may temporally stop the registration and restart at at time with the specified schedule if you have passed the first page.