IBPS announces the upcoming recruitment of Clerical Staffs to Indian Banks in 2018. The online registration for the IBPS Clerk 2018 is about to happen in July. We expect more than 8000 vacancies across India. If you are someone tracking the updates on Bank Clerk jobs, it’s the right time now. Get all the relevant information below.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2018: Process of selection
IBPS Clerk recruitment is a long process which lasts for a few months. If you are new to IBPS Clerk, check the important phases of the recruitment before proceeding.
- Registration for Clerk Exam: IBPS collects the applications form and fees from candidates through an online system. Aspirants may visit the specific URL during registration dates and complete their enrollment for the exam.
- Pre-Exam training: SC, ST and a few other categories of candidates may avail a free training by IBPS. Those who want to take this training have to mention the same in the application form.
- Dual-Stage Online Exam: IBPS Clerk recruitment includes two online exams namely Prelims and Mains. The preliminary phase of the IBPS Clerk exam filters out candidates for the Main Examination. Candidates winning the Prelims get the opportunity to face the Main Exam. Since there is no interview for the Clerk Exam, the score of the Mains taken for the final result.
- Result & Allotment: IBPS prepares a provisional allotment list of Main Exam participants who secure minimum cut-off score. Top ranks from this list will get employment.
IBPS Clerk Notification: Exam dates in 2018
The notification for the IBPS Clerk 2018 will be released in July 2018. That document includes the calendar and activities that are part of the Clerk CWE VII, from start to end. Check the screenshot below for IBPS Clerk Exam application and examination dates in 2018.
The registration for this exam would happen in the month of September.
IBPS Clerk CWE VII banks-wise vacancy list
The native place has an impact on the overall competition for a contender talking IBPS Clerk Exam. The total vacancy of 7800 reported in 2017. However, it is not applicable for all the candidates, as Clerk is a state-wise recruitment. For instance, the State of Tamilnadu offers 1277 openings, but it is just 3 in Mizoram. Click here to see the IBPS Clerk vacancies in each State.
The above given is a list from 2017’s notification.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Eligibility & Requirements for application
Candidates wishing to apply for the IBPS Clerk recruitment must read the eligibility conditions thoroughly. Furthermore, it is good if they could arrange all the documents nearby, before starting the registration. We have all the IBPS Clerk application requirements in one place, below.
- The education qualification for IBPS Clerk 2018 is a pass in the degree course.
- Age-limit for applicants from General category: 20-28 (as of 01-07-2018). Check the notification for details of available for SC/ST candidates, EX-Servicemen, widows, DA and other eligible persons.
- Knowledge for handling Computers and its operation.
- Furthermore, the ability to read, write and understand the local language of the native State is a must.
- Check our page on IBPS Clerk Eligibility requirements for more information.
IBPS form requires a photograph, signature, and details from education/experience certificates, credit/debit card (for payment), and ID proofs. Registration numbers of the previous IBPS Clerk appearances is also a must for repeaters.
Apply online for IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam/Recruitment
The procedure for applying IBPS Clerk Recruitment is pretty easy and straightforward. Click on the direct link to the IBPS Clerk form given below from a desktop computer. Please note that application form opens only in the second week of July 2018.
- Once you open the IBPS Clerk application page, find the yellow button at the top which reads ” Click Here for New Registration.” Press it to start the process.
- A PDF document will pop-up with instructions for applying online. Read and understand the requirements thoroughly.
- Enter your Name, Email ID, and mobile number on the first page. Click Save & Next.
- IBPS generates a registration number and password in the next page, and you will see it at the top with a light-green background. These login details are also sent to the mobile number of the applicant as an SMS.
- Now, upload the photo and signature and press next. The website will render the uploaded files in a new window. Check it and continue.
- In next page, enter your community, relaxation claims, request for pre-exam training, DOB, Address, and details of previous IBPS Clerk appearances.
- Choose the State as well as the IBPS Clerk Exam Centre in this page. To find the list of IBPS Clerk/ Pre-Exam Training Centers in your state, Click here.
- Also, candidates could see the IBPS Clerk application fee (600/100 INR) payable by them at the end of this page. It comes automatically according to the selection of community/reservation. Validate and save the page.
- Time to enter candidate’s education qualification, experience, details of knowledge in computes, language proficiency, etc.
- Finally, fill-up the bank preference list which IBPS uses for allotment. Click on the Bank name as per your choice, it will move to the right-side as per your choice.
- Upon saving the session, IBPS will take you to your completed IBPS Clerk 2017 application form.
- Verify everything and pay the fee amount through internet banking to complete the process.
- Don’t forget to take a print-out of the IBPS Clerk registration form and e-payment receipt for your records.
Steps for IBPS Clerk application (video)
Applying IBPS Clerk for the first time? Watch our step-by-step video tutorial for instructions.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Call Letter/Admit Card.
Once the candidate successfully registers for IBPS Clerk Exam, all future communication is sent to his/her mobile number and email ID. IBPS will notify the applicant about the availability of Call Letter or Admit Card through SMS and email. Candidates may download the IBPS Clerk Call Letter or Admit within the time-limit, proving login details. Applicant has to present the IBPS Clerk admit card to the invigilator at the test venue along with identity card and photo.
Details of IBPS Clerk Exam 2018
IBPS Clerk Exam is a multiple-choice online test. Therefore, candidates get a computer at the examination center on which they attempt the questions as per the schedule. There are two parts for the IBPS Clerk examination, Prelims and Mains. The preliminary exam aims at screening the eligibility of candidates for the Main Examination. IBPS conducts the Prelims and Mains through multiple dates and uses an internal formula to announce the results and cut-offs. Candidates securing a minimum score get the invitation for Main Exam.
Participant’s score Clerk Main Exam is only taken for forming the rank list, and allotment later on.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Syllabus and Pattern
It seems like we have some adjustments to the IBPS Clerk Exam syllabus and pattern from 2017. The changes are mainly for IBPS Clerk Mains syllabus.
While it was five modules for the IBPS CWE VI, it is just 4 for the new exam. Reasoning Ability and Computer aptitude are now together forming a fresh section. The number of questions has come down to 190 from 200, yet the maximum marks remain the same. Most of all the total time is now 160 minutes, up from 135 minutes in the last year.
The penalty for wrong answers remains the same, 1/4 per question.
Cut-off score for the last Clerk exam
IBPS applies cut-off at different stages of the Clerk Recruitment to take forward the process to final allotment. A Cut-off applies to IBPS Clerk Prelims & Mains Exam, and also the individual tests. The Cut-off limit varies according to the category of applicant, difficulty level of exam and the number of applicants.
IBPS’s cut-off requirement for the individual test in the Preliminary exam is given in the screenshot. To know about the State-Wise cut-off for IBPS Clerk Prelims and Mains Exam, download PDF.
Best Books for IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam preparation
Hundreds of books are available on Amazon and Flipkart for preparing IBPS Clerk Exam. Lets check which is latest and useful for the upcoming CWE Clerk VII.
Kiran’s Bank Clerk CWE Solved Papers: Kiran publication has a recent launch for the upcoming IBPS Clerk exam in 2017. The advantage of this text is the coverage of IBPS Clerk questions and answers from the inception of the recruitment in 2011. Furthermore, they have covered SBI and RBI assistant exam papers along with a few model tests. However, on the disadvantage side, the book doesn’t provide solutions for most of the questions. Buy Now.
An alternative to this book is Disha Publications titles for IBPS Clerk: Disha has it right for IBPS books, covering subjects topic-wise and as per syllabus. They also provide cheap Kindle edition for most of the books on Amazon. Get it here.
IBPS Clerk question papers from previous years
New to IBPS Clerk Recruitment? Would like to see a few sample questions from previous years IBPS papers? Try the quiz below.
We also have IBPS Clerk question papers in PDF format. Let us know your email in the comments for free delivery.
Salary package and duties for IBPS Clerks in 2018
Once the candidates get the placement at one of the participating banks in IBPS Clerk recruitment, they are eligible for IBA Salary. The current salary package available to IBPS Clerk is below. If you deduct the contribution to pension and professional tax, the in-hand salary/ month come down to nearly 18500 INR.
DA percentage varies from time to time. As of July 2018, it is 52.9. Therefore, the salary package for personals taken through IBPS Clerk CWE VIII would slightly high or low from what you see above.
A larger part of bank employees are Clerks, and their duties are different. They get posting to sections like loans, account opening, credit cards, Forex, etc. While some do office and cash management, some others have ground duties like verification. Those who join the clerical cadre and get the promotion at regular interval have the scope of reaching the rank of SBM or AGM towards the end of their career.
Check IBPS Clerk 2018 results
IBPS releases the results of Clerk Recruitment 2017 through separate pages on the official website www.ibps.in. The first result to come in 2018 is for IBPS Clerk Prelims in December 2018. Subsequently Results of the Mains Exam, and allotment status come in 2019. Candidates may login with their IBPS Clerk registration number and password to check the results.
IBPS Clerk Allotment in 2018
It is possible for a candidate to give a preference list of banks when they submit online application form for IBPS Clerk Recruitment. IBPS will consider the choices while giving allotment for the candidates to one out of the participating banks. IBPS will communicate the Bank name, joining date and the venue to the applicant. Corresponding banks take care of the rest of the process, like verification of documents, medical test and finally the appointment.
IBPS Clerk 2018 applicants in the Main rank list would be able to join the job after May 2019.