Clerk, also recognized as an Assistant is one of the basic designation in Indian banks for which the Banks conduct an entrance examination. From 2011, around 20 nationalized banks employ the clerical cadre through IBPS Clerk recruitment carried out on a yearly basis. Thanks to a large number of openings, and widely talked-about perks at the banks, “IBPS Clerk” is now one of the most sought-after professions among the freshers. This article explains the whole process of IBPS Clerk Recruitment, starting from registration to the final placement, and the materials for preparing for the online exam.
This time around 19 public-sector banks are participating in the Clerk recruitment for approximately 19000 vacancies.
Salary and benefits available for IBPS Clerks in 2017
The following illustration explains the latest monthly remuneration payable to IBPS and other bank clerks. This is just a symbolic representation; the actual figures may slightly vary according to the duties allocated to the person and the location of posting. Please note that the salary figure given below includes DA at 45.5%. IBA adjust DA in every three months, and there will be a slight variation in the final salary with changes in DA. As of June 2017, the DA for Bank Clerk is 45.6.
The salary offered to Bank Clerk is relatively same as the central Govt. employees in the clerical positions. However, you get a few other comforts for being a bank employee; the long list of paid holidays and comfortable working environment delights the most. Apart from this, the process for getting loans and insurance coverage for you and your family is pretty straightforward and subsidized when you work with a bank.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2017: dates and phases.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment is an yearly repeating process, and the recruiter takes approximately 4-6 months to complete all the stages illustrated in the following section. IBPS has already announced the 2017’s Online IBPS Clerk Prelims, and Mains examination dates through a notification. They didn’t mention it in the advertisement when the application would begin. However, you could compare the dates of IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2017 to know the relative schedule.
The whole exercise starts with the general registration of the candidate over the Internet. Candidates have to visit the IBPS website during the dates specified in the above-given schedule and apply as per the directions are given below. IBPS will accept the applications upon receiving payment and will allot a registration number and password for the clerical cadre applicant. IBPS provides free training for SC/ST and other backward classes, and such category of candidates may attend it if they need exposure to style and pattern of IBPS Clerk Exam. The contenders will then appear for the two-stage examinations, interviews, leading to the final allotment. Participants will get SMS and email notification regarding the recruitment throughout the course mentioned above, as they progress and move forward.
Steps to Apply online for IBPS Clerk Exam 2017
- The first step is to get the IBPS notification for Clerk exam 2017 which includes all details of the announced recruitment. The notification for the next IBPS Clerk recruitment would be released in August. For the time being you may DOWNLOAD. 2016’s IBPS Clerk ad and see what it contains.
- Check your Eligibility: Obviously it is a foremost thing do when you apply for any exam. The latest requirement for IBPS Clerk Recruitment in 2017 is what you see below.
1. Indian Citizenship. (There is exception for people of Indian origin and some other categories. Please refer the ad for the full wordings. )
2. Age: 20-28 (as on 01-08-2017). That is, the candidates born between 02-08-1989 and 01-08-1997 are eligible to register for this year’s IBPS clerk recruitment. As always, SC/ST/OBC and some other category of applicants can claim relaxation in this requirement.
A candidate can take the benefit of cumulative relaxation, up-to one additional group shown in the table given above.
3. Computer knowledge is mandatory for all IBPS Clerk aspirants, and language proficiency ( in the local language of the applying State) is highly preferable.
4. Now, before starting the online application, it is good to know the procedure and requirements for applying IBPS Clerk in the online mode. Read our article on how to apply IBPS recruitment to start with your registration.
All set? Apply now for IBPS Clerk Recruitment here  Visit us on August for the link to new IBPS Clerk application form.
- Click on the link given above and proceed to the IBPS Clerk application form. There will be an yellow registration button at top-right corner.
- You at least have to complete the first page of the registration form to get a user ID and password.
- IBPS Clerk application has more than 4 pages that you should to fill in 20 minutes. However, you can stop the registration anytime and complete it later if you have the IBPS login ID and password.
- Arrange all your documents on the desk. IBPS asks for your address, educational qualification, percentage of marks, job history, community details, language proficiency, etc.
- You have to mention it in the form if you have applied for the IBPS Clerk during the last recruitments.
- Those who have their marks in the CGPA format should convert into percentage for applying.
- Candidates from the reserved sections of the population may opt for the pre-exam training for Clerk Exam.
- It is not possible to change anything on your IBPS Clerk form once you submit it and make the payment.
- The fee amount is 600 INR for general candidates and 100 for SC/ST and other reserved classes.
- IBPS provides an option for the applicants to choose their Bank Preferences during the registration process. It would be easy for you to sort the Banks if you prepare a bank list as per your requirements, before you start the registration.
- We have created a video of the IBPS Clerk recruitment application steps for the beginners applying online for the first-time, watch it below.
Still confused? Watch our video on filling the IBPS Clerk application form online.
Details of the IBPS Clerk Exam
In 2015, IBPS implemented a dual-stage examination method to the clerical recruitment, and they have withdrawn the interviews. Candidates applying for the clerical cadre will have to attend a preliminary exam of 100 marks. Those who score above a certain level of the standard set by IBPS will then get the call for the Main Exam. The preliminary exam is conducted only for the division of candidates to the Mains, and it is not taken for the final selection. The pattern of the IBPS Mains and Prelims, number of questions, allotted time, and marks is there in the screenshot uploaded below.
Each right answers bring one mark to the participant’s table, and there is a penalty of .25 for wrong ones.
IBPS conducts their Clerk examination in the online mode, through a computer. Those who are new to the IBPS recruitment, a demo of the exam window is given in this page.
Want to know how the IBPS Clerk questions would be like? Attempt our quiz on last year’s IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam (2016).
Prepare for IBPS Clerk Exam: A few good books
IBPS Clerk is one of the easiest among the bank exams in India; however, competition kills this advantage. People who are getting bank coaching for PO, and Specialist Exams are also applying for IBPS Clerk Recruitment. So nowadays it is becoming a difficult task to clear bank exams in first chance unless you have a good general knowledge and mathematical skills.
How to build up your knowledge for IBPS Clerk exams? Reading, and practicing previous year’s Bank papers is what you would need. Buy one of the books mentioned below and set a daily goal.
Book publishers are still updating their titles for the upcoming IBPS Clerk Prelims and Mains Exam in 2017. Hence you should wait until August or September for new books containing new content focusing on the next exam. However, you could still buy books containing previous years IBPS Clerk questions and solved answers. One such title we like is Kiran Prakshan’s latest release which comes with questions from the inception of IBPS Clerk Exam to the last test conducted in 2016.
We highly recommend all the aspirants that you buy Kiran’s IBPS Clerk solved papers if you’re self-preparing for forthcoming exam. It’s just 290 RS on Amazon, here.
Manorama Yearbook is an excellent pick preparing GK section in competitive exams, and it is a highly rated book on Amazon, but we believe that is a bit outdated for Clerk Exam 2017.
IBPS Clerk: Selection process after main exam.
Following the guidelines of the Central Government, IBPS has discontinued the interviews for IBPS Clerk Recruitment from 2015. Candidates passing the Clerk Main Exam with a good score, much above the IBPS minimum cut-off will get a provisional allotment. Have a look at the state-wise minimum score at which candidates got an interim placement in last year’s Clerk Exam. You have to score above this range in the Clerk Main Exam to expect a clerical job in 2018 through IBPS recruitment.