Apart from the Public and Private sector banks, India has a slightly different group of financial establishments called RRBs or Regional Rural Banks, which centers on banking efforts in the villages and inland regions of our country. Gramin Banks are formed under an act of the Parliament and are jointly promoted by Central and State governments. There were a hundred RRBs in India, but recently, the government integrated them together to form single banks in such a way that there is only one RRB in a particular area. Exceptions are there in bigger States, but the right now, there are only around 56 RRBs in India. Most of these Gramin Banks rely on IBPS’s RRB Recruitment to acquire new employees.
Unlike the public sector banks which are conducting separate IBPS recruitments for Clerk, PO and Specialist vacancies, the RRBs have only one single hiring process in every year. Through IBPS RRB 2018, regional rural banks are planning to recruit more than 16000 personnel to Office assistants and Scale-I, Scale-II, and Scale-III positions. The IBPS RRB Office Assistant is basically equal to the Clerical post in PSU Banks. The Scale-I officers come under the grade of POs or Management Trainee. The RRB Scale II are specialist officers in Agriculture, Law, Accounting, IT, Treasury Management, etc. Senior and experienced candidates get the Scale-III positions, which is equal to the MMG Scale-III in Indian banks.
IBPS RRB 2018: Notification in a glance and Dates
- Fixity Six Gramin Banks participates in IBPS RRB recruitment for 2018-2019 schedule.
- Dates: IBPS accepts the online application for RRB Exam from 08-06-2018 up-to 02-07-2018 midnight.
- There are five different posts namely Assistants, and Officer Scale I, II, II (specialist Officer) and Scale III. A candidate may apply for Assistant and one of the Officer jobs.
- You can download the IBPS RRB notification here. Check the notification for RRB Banks list and State-wise notification.
- The salary scales of the IBPS RRB Officers and Clerks are exactly equal to what new Bank recruitees in the same positions get. An approximate estimation of the RRB salary structure is given in the following section.
- There is a Preliminary Exam for RRB Office Assistant and Scale I Officer posts, followed by the Main Exam.
- There won’t be an interview session for RRB Office Assistant or the Clerk Post.
- IBPS RRB exam is conducted in the online mode.
- As per the official IBPS notification, there is combined total vacancy of more than 10000, to be filled through the RRB Exam 2017 and Interviews.
- RRBs provide a free pre-exam coaching for applicants from backward communities applying for Assistants and Officer Scale-I job.
- Regional Rural Banks provides more or less the equal salary and cash benefits for it’s employees when compared to PSU banks. These are the approximate figures after deductions when DA is taken at (45.4)- RRB Assistants: 18000 INR, Officer Scale-1: 35000, Officer Scale II: 43000, Officer Scale III: 56000 INR.
Want to know about the phases of IBPS RRB recruitment in 2018? The following table illustrates all the activities, starting from the online application.
Steps to apply online for IBPS RRB Exam 2018
If you have applied for the IBPS recruitments in the past, you will find the steps familiar. The only thing different in IBPS RRB recruitment is that you could apply for multiple posts. The application form, payments, and intimations from IBPS are all the same.
- The first step is to check whether you’re eligible for IBPS RRB recruitment as per 2018’s standards.
- Educational eligibility and age requirements for Office Assistant and Scale I to Scale III positions are mentioned in the IBPS RRB advertisement, or check our page on IBPS eligibility. For this session, IBPS calculates age as on 01-06-2018.
- As required in every online application form, IBPS needs the candidates to upload a photo and signature during the registration process. Our page on bank exams lists all the guidelines on the size and dimensions of the uploads.
- Candidates have to convert their grades to percentage of marks as suggested by IBPS.
- The fee amount for applying online is 600 INR for general category applicants. For others it is just 100 INR.
- Candidate have to pay and apply separately if they wish to participate in RRB Assistant and Officer recruitments.
- IBPS gives the candidates an option to choose their center of examination during online registration. The centers allocated for IBPS RRB online examination is here.
- It is not a must for the candidates to select pre-exam training while they register online for IBPS RRB, it is purely optional.
- The first page of the IBPS RRB application form is all about your Name, email ID and mobile number. You get a temporary user ID and password once you pass this step. All other steps of the registration can be completed anytime within the specified dates.
- Candidates are not allowed change anything their RRB exam form once they complete the online payment and confirms the registration.
- Always use the Edit & Save mode if you’ve any doubt.
- Remember to Final Submit your completed RRB application form at least a few days before IBPS closes the online applications. You wouldn’t be able to do that in the last days.
Update on July 2: IBPS closes the application form for this years RRB recruitment.
IBPS RRB Exam: Syllabus and Pattern in 2018.
Just like the IBPS Clerk and IBPS PO recruitments, there is a preliminary exam for the RRB Assistant and Scale-I Officer posts. However, there are only two-subjects. The online examination for Scale-II post under the specialist cadres like Agriculture, IT, Law have an additional module on professional knowledge. The typical syllabus and marking pattern of the IBPS RRB Exam is given below.
Check the IBPS ad for extended details and the IBPS syllabus for all RRB scales, or visit this page. The questions are objective type with five answer options. Each carries one mark, and there is negative marking of 1/4 for wrong answers.
IBPS only consider the marks in the Main Exam for the purpose of forming RRB rank list. After deducting the negative marks, IBPS standardize the score secured by the candidates by a particular formula to adjust the difficulty level in the online examination if there were multiple sessions. Now, cut-offs are applied to candidate’s scores in each subject and the TWS score, which was calculated by a formula. If you are interested, you may download this PDF file which illustrates last year’s IBPS RRB cut-offs and it’s application process.
IBPS RRB Interviews and Final Selection:
From 2016 IBPS does not have an interview for Clerical posts in Indian Banks, the same goes for IBPS RRB Office Assistant recruitment in 2017. For all other positions including the Scale-I Officer, there will be Common Interviews arranged at Regional Rural Banks near to the applicant’s place/State. Those who pass in the Main Exam will get SMS and email intimation on their interviews, and venue around the dates specified in the schedule given above.
IBPS will combine the interview scores and the Main Exam score, with appropriate cut-offs to form a final provisional list. In the end, successful candidates will get information about their RRB selection, and the bank allocated them through a list published at IBPS.in.