Kerala PSC, also known Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) is a statutory body established for the recruitment of new personal to public sector job positions. Various departments of the Kerala Govt. reports vacancies to KPSC, and they will arrange the hiring as per the requirements of the State and by adhering to the current laws.
KPSC has an online application system known as Thulasi. Candidates wishing to participate in Kerala PSC Exams and Recruitments should do a one-time registration at KPSC Thulasi home page and create a profile. Later as a user they may login to Kerala PSC website, browse through all notifications, and register for an appropriate opening.
Kerala PSC new profile registration through KPSC Thulasi
The official website of the Kerala PSC is www.keralapsc.gov.in, which lists general details about the organization, exam results, certificates, etc. The website has a lot of information, but it is a little confusing for a new user visiting the portal for details of ongoing PSC Exams and application forms for latest vacancies.
People who search for “Kerala PSC” end up on the above website and browse through all the irrelevant pages. Although KPSC has provided a link to the Thulasi registration system on their home page, new users may not understand the process. It is not stated that applicants have to do a one-time registration at KPSC Thulasi, and then sign-in to locate all ongoing PSC recruitments. A registered user at Kerala PSC Thulasi may download all the notifications, and apply online for eligible jobs.
We have prepared a video and step by step instructions to make your Kerala PSC registration easier, have a look below.
Kerala PSC Thulasi Login page for user
The URL link given below is your start-up page whether you are new or existing user at Kerala PSC. Existing users may login to this page (KPSC Thulasi) to view and apply online for the ongoing recruitments, download hall tickets, etc.
If you already have a user ID and password, you may login to KPSC Thulasi by clicking here.
New users should follow a one-time registration process to access all benefits. Let see how we can do that.
Requirements for Kerala PSC one-time online application.
1. Digital Photograph & Signature: Candidates have to upload a color photograph and signature in JPEG format to PSC server during online registration. KPSC has a precise rule on the size and dimension of the photo and signature acceptable at Thulasi application form. If you’re scanning the photo, you have to edit the image in Photoshop or a similar tool to achieve the following dimensions.
Photo: 150 pixels width*200 pixels height, and up-to 30KB size.
Signature: 150 pixels width * 100 pixels height, and up-to 30KB size.
Candidates may use a color or black & white photograph. The background of the processed image should be White or any light-toned color. The face, eyes, and shoulder should be visible. The name of the candidate and date on which the photo was taken should be added below the image in the white background. Check the sample photo attached here.
2. ID Proof: As per the KPSC thulasi website, applicants may use their aadhar, an account number of any nationalized bank, driving license, voters ID, PAN card and passport for one-time registration.
3. Email ID and Mobile number: Mobile number is a must and should be verified over OTP when you login to KPSC thulasi for the first-time. PSC will send SMS alerts to this number when you apply for Exams or try to reset the online password.
Kerala PSC Thulasi Registration: Steps to follow after Login.
Watching video is probably the best guide to knowing the steps involved in Kerala PSC one-time registration. Hit the play button.
- Just go the to Kerala PSC Thulasi login page linked above, and click on the blue signup button on the right-side to begin your KPSC one-time registration.
- The first stage is uploading the photo and signature of the candidate. Please recheck whether your uploads are in the right size and dimensions before you start with Thulasi web application. The form will reject an incompatible image, and you may have to re-start the whole process again.
- Make sure that you correctly enter your name and DOB on KPSC Thulasi as it is not possible to edit the same in the profile section, later. You may have to call a PSC office for help in case you need any change in Name and DOB.
- If the photo and signature are accepted, you will see the same on the application form and will be taken to a page where you have to enter your parent’s name, ID proof, identification mark, location, etc.
- The next section is about your communication and permanent addresses.
- Enter your email ID and mobile number in the following page.
- Create a memorable user ID and secure password in the final page of Thulasi enrollment form.
- With this, you have completed the Kerala PSC one-time registration. Now you have to login to the KPSC Thulasi form to finish the remaining formalities.
- Upon signing in you will see a few links in the Red and Green colors. Complete everything in Green color and verify the mobile number to confirm your registration.
- It is also recommended to add your educational qualifications, and community benefits, etc. before you start looking for employment options.
- After this, you may visit the Notifications link on the Thulasi home page to apply for the Kerala PSC vacancies.
Kerala PSC online application process
Registered users will be presented with a link to “currently active notifications” page when they login to Kerala PSC. They may directly go to the application form, by putting the category code in the search box provided on the notifications page. For instance, If you’re applying for Staff Nurse Grade-II Exam, you would enter and search 454/2016; immediately you will get re-directed to the appropriate page.
Alternate method to apply for Kerala PSC jobs
If the category code is not available, candidates have to browse through all the available listings to find a particular vacancy. KPSC organizes Mass recruitments like LDC at State or District level, and you could find the same in Notification Class 1 (Statewide -Direct -General) or 6 (District-wise- Direct -General). Sometimes they post recruitments that are only applicable to candidates from Reserved Communities or the people who are already in Government service, and that is what you would see in -NCR and -SR listings.
For eg: if you take KPSC LD Clerk recruitment, the hiring is district-wise. So when you login to Kerala PSC thulasi, click on the 6th notification category, District-wide -Direct-General. There, you will find the LD Clerk notification as the last entry. Press on the Check Eligibility button. Now you will see a page like as shown in the right-side. Click on the Blue “apply now” button and continue just as they have instructed.
You will get an SMS notification from Kerala PSC confirming your application for LD Clerk. Similarly, you may apply online for all eligible vacancies after the one-time registration.
KPSC notifications [Latest]
A few of the ongoing KPSC job opportunities in January 2017 are listed in the table given below. All these vacancies are accessible after logging into candidate’s profile, in KPSC Thulasi.
Currently there are 124 notifications live on Kerala PSC. Due to space limitation, we are adding only large scale recruitments on this page. Kindly login to your PSC account in case you couldn’t the notification that you’re looking for.
Forgot kpsc login password/ user ID for Thulasi, how to reset it?
Forgot your Thulasi user ID? You may use your registered mobile number for the self-reset method. Send an SMS KL USR to 51969 and you will get your user ID as an SMS reply.
For the password recovery, you may provide your name, DOB and the ID proof details, here. You will receive the temporary password as an SMS from KPSC. The password will be the first six letters of your user ID followed by the date of birth in DDMMYYY format. For example, if my user ID is ldclerk902, and DOB is 20-05-1986, the temporary password will be ldcker2005198. You may change this password after logging into Kerala PSC Thulasi.
Is is possible to a second registration at Kerala PSC?
As it says, it’s a one-time registration. Also, the Thulasi web application will reject and block a second attempt if you are using the same Identity proof and number. If you lost all ways to recover your PSC ID, then you may contact the official support before creating a new profile. For further assistance, Call 0471-2444438 or 0471-2555538 during PSC office hours.
How to download the hall ticket for Kerala PSC examinations.
The KPSC will release an admit card for the applicants a few days before the date of their PSC examination. Candidate’s test center, time and other details will be written in the hall ticket. If you get an alert that your card is ready, login to Thulasi and go to the “admission ticket” link, and click on the tab “2016” and find the PDF download button.
Any questions on Kerala PSC one-time registration? Ask us in the comment section.