KPSC’s LD Clerk (LDC) Exam is probably the biggest entrance test for a government job in the State of Kerala, which attracts applications from more than 10 Lakh candidates. Organized once in 2-3 years, the KPSC LD Clerk Exam is popularly Popularly known as the poor man’s IAS. Recently Kerala PSC has announced LD Clerk Recruitment 2017 and started accepting online application for same. Take a view on the following sections to know more about KPSC LDC Exam, and the process to apply online.
LD Clerk Exam: How to submit LDC online application form at Kerala PSC
The Kerala PSC has moved to an online application system from the last few years. As a result, candidates planning to apply for LD Clerk Exam or any other PSC recruitment has to do a one-time registration with the Commission. Let’s talk about the formalities to register online for the LDC Clerk Exam.
- The online registration for LDC starts on the first week of December and ends on 15-03-2017. Candidates have to complete and submit their application form before this date.
- Download the PSC notification for LD Clerk Exam here. Read the eligibility conditions and requirements.
- An existing user? Go the KPSC Thulasi website and login with your username and password.
- If you are new to PSC job applications, create a one-time profile at Kerala PSC. [Instructions]
- Update: Couldn’t apply for LDC Exam? Here is another opportunity, PSC’s Last Grade Recruitment 2017. Check the link above for more information.
- When you’re inside KPSC Thulasi, locate and click on the Notifications link on the right-side.
- Find the 6th link District-Wide-General-Direct in the Active Notifications page and open it.
- Now move the cursor and find the LD Clerk Notification towards the end of the page.
- Click on “Check Eligibility” to see whether you’re eligible to apply online for PSC LD Clerk Exam.
- If it is saying that you’re not eligible, click on the profile link and go to the section for educational qualification. Press the Add button and input the details of your 10th class certificate.
- Check the eligibility again after furnishing the educational qualification.
- That loads a page with a Blue “Apply Now button.” as given here. Press on that to start filling the LD Clerk application form.
- Now you will see your photo and signature that you had uploaded during to the PSC one-time registration process. Input the Name and Date just as given the photo.
- Tick the four boxes under ” I hear by Declare that” and click next.
- Finally, on the next page, enter your District and choose the examination center where you would like to take the Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam in 2017.
KPSC will accept the application form when you click the submit.
- That’s it you have enrolled for KPSC LDC Exam. You will get an SMS notification from PSC confirming your registration.
- Optionally you may download the completed LDC registration form from the application menu in KPSC Thulasi home page.
If you’ve any doubt, watch the following video which explains the KPSC online application process for LD Clerk Exam.
Details of the Kerala LD Clerk (LDC) Recruitment 2017
Be it a Panchayat or Secretariat, a clerk is everywhere in the Kerala government system. They are in the Municipal Department, Corporations, Secretariat, Minister’s office, MVD, agriculture, revenue, sales tax, registration, accounts, fisheries, and all other State agencies. LDCs are the biggest workforce when you take any Govt. department in Kerala State except the home security. We can call the Clerks as the pillars of State machinery who helps it’s offices run smoothly and efficiently.
Kerala Government recently renamed the LD Clerk position as “Clerk” but still everywhere the job is known as “LDC.” KPSC runs the LD Clerk Recruitment in an interval of three years and prepares a list of winners. Usually, a PSC LD Clerk list is valid for three years, but sometimes the government extends the validity of the list. As per the latest figure, more than 5000 people have already got Clerk employment through the current PSC LD Clerk list (2014), and more will get placement from the same list until the results of the LD Clerk Exam 2017 comes into effective in 2018.
LD Clerk Salary and Promotion
Right now, the Clerks in the Kerala Government get payment on the salary scale ranging from 19000 to 43600. When you add the DA and other allowances, the LD Clerks selected the in 2017’s exam will take at least 25000 as the monthly salary when they get the appointment in 2018. The LD Clerks have the best opportunity for promotions, and the type of the progression they get depends on the department where they get selected. Given below are the salary and designations of the most common LD Clerk grades in Kerala.
As we have mentioned earlier, the designation Clerk changes with the department where they are employed. For example, if you get selection in the revenue department you will be known as the village assistant. Later, through department tests, a Village Assistant may become Village officer, RDO or even deputy collector. Someone entering as a Clerk in Panchayat at a younger age has the prospect of becoming a Deputy Director; that is the beauty of LD Clerk opportunity.
LD Clerk Eligibility requirements
The eligibility condition is one the reasons for the massive participation in Kerala PSC’s LD Clerk Exam. You may apply for this exam if you hold a pass certificate in your 10th class exam. The government has plans upgrade the education qualification for LDC Exam to +12, and they had released a notification in the past, but the implementation is still pending due to some unknown reasons. Anyway, we believe that that the LD Clerk Exam in 2017 would be the last chance for an applicant qualified at class 10 level. The age limit as per the Kerala PSC LDC notification is 18-36, without considering community-based relaxations.
LD Clerk Exam syllabus
This time, the Kerala PSC didn’t mention much about the LD Clerk Exam in the recruitment notification. As per the sources, the exams will be carried out in the month of June 2017 in multiple sessions. The test will be in the multi-choice format, without negative marking. Although we don’t have any word on the pattern of the exam, most of us believe that long followed the syllabus of the LD Clerk Exam would repeat.
Applicants may take the LD Clerk Exam Malayalam, Tamil or Kannada Language. Those who have applied for recruitment will get a hall ticket for their examinations, which will include the venue and date of the PSC exam. You may download the same by logging into the KPSC Thulasi website.
PSC’s LDC Examination dates:
Update: PSC announces the LDC Exam dates in 2017. The exams will be organized at the district level starting from 17th of June. Check the dates for each District, below.
How to prepare for PSC LD Clerk Exam.
Someone who has appeared for the bank exams or any large scale recruitment would see the syllabus of the Kerala PSC LD Clerk Exam as easy. But syllabus is not what make this recruitment tight. When more 15 Lakh candidates, even postgraduates, are applying, each mark counts; your speed and memory power is the key to success in LD Clerk Exam.
A six-month preparation time is much less for the KPSC LDC exam. Attending a PSC coaching class is the best decision an applicant can take if he or she is serious about the recruitment. You may also download the previous year’s question papers from the Internet or get a book from your local store to start with your LD Clerk preparation.
If you have experience of purchasing online, we recommend a question bank, PSC Exam Helper (Malayalam) for preparing the LD Clerk Exam; buy it from Amazon. This text is based on the latest syllabus of the LDC Exam and will definitely help you acquire the essential information.
LD Clerk Exam: Previous year’s model question papers:
Although the syllabus gives a rough idea about the PSC LD Clerk Exam 2017, we definitely have to check some sample question papers to understand the pattern of the questions asked in each category. Try the following quiz to get it; questions took from the 2014’s LD Clerk Exam.
Contact us in the comment section if you’ve any doubt on registering for Kerala PSC LDC Exam or anything related