SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016 if official! Yes, India’s largest bank SBI has started inviting applications from eligible graduates for the post of junior assistants (Clerks) to Customer Support, Sales and Agriculture divisions. IBPS runs the online registration for State Bank Exam, and the agency has already put the application form up on their website.
SBI Clerk Recruitment in a glance
- This time, more than 17000 vacancies are available, in the customer support and sales sections.
- You can register online for SBI recruitment from 05-04-2016 to 25-04-2016.
- The recruitment is to State Bank of India (SBI); associates like SBI. SBT, SBBJ, SBH and SBM are not a part of this exercise.
- Eligibility for SBI Clerk Exam is a degree.
- Clerical posts are State-Wise. Candidates should know the official language of State, that they select in the application form.
- From this session there will be two online exams for SBI Clerk, a prelims and Mains. However, the marks in the Main Exams is what considered for the final ranking process.
- Salary offered for SBI Clerk Job is 20950 INR.
- SBI may not conduct an interviews for Clerk Recruitment, although it is included in the notification.
- You can apply online at the careers section at SBI website, www.sbi.co.in. You may also use the direct link given below.
- To know the vacancies in your state, examination centers, etc. download the notification.
The dates and course of the SBI Clerk Recruitment is given below.
Approximate dates based on previous exams schedules.
Apply online for SBI Exam in 2016: Things to note
- Eligibility: SBI has revised the eligibility requirements for the Clerk Exam 2016 and now it is principally equal to the IBPS exam in this category. You have to satisfy all the regulations listed below to participate in the forthcoming exam.
1. The aspirant should be an Indian National.
2. Applicant’s name should not be there in the CIBIL list.
3. A pass in degree course took from a recognized University or Council.
4. The age limit for applying SBI Specialist recruitment is 20-28 and is further subject to the category of job selected, and a non-cumulative relaxation as explained below. (Age as on 01-04-2016)
OBC candidates seeking relaxation in the age-norms of the SBI Specialist Exam have to submit a certificate issued by the Govt. of India. The certificate should include a clause establishes that the candidate do not belong to a creamy-layer OBC class.
- SBI exam application Checklist:Candidates who are eligible under the above given criteria may refer the following checklist to prepare yourself for the online application. IBPS allows 20 minutes to complete the form, so you have to arrange everything at your disposal before starting with the registration.
1. Photo & Signature: In order to append it with the online application, aspirants have to bring a scanned photograph and signature in the specified dimensions and sizes recommended by IBPS. Check IBPS application procedure for the latest rules on photo and signature for online banks exam registrations.
2. Fees: 600 for GEN, 100 for Ex-servicemen, SC/SC/XS and PWD. You have to pay the fees for SBI Clerk Exam in the online mode via Internet Banking/Wallets/Credit Card/Debit Card.
3. Choose a State and Examination Center.
4. Decide whether you want to take pre-examination training or not: it is free and available only for reserved candidates.
5. Keep a valid email ID and mobile number for receiving alerts from IBPS.
Post submission of fees, the candidate has to print the e-receipt generated and full-page application form by going to the same page given above. Here, IBPS also provides an option to edit or make modifications to the SBI Clerk Exam application, for the ones who “saved” their form during registration.
Format/syllabus of the upcoming SBI Clerk Exam 2016.
IBPS has recently shifted to a two-stage examination for their Clerk Exam. It looks like SBI is also following the same for 2016’s recruitment. Candidates who are applying should pass the preliminary exam (syllabus shown above) to get their entry into Mains. The SBI online examination is just like a standard IBPS web-exam (Demo). Candidates will get a computer assigned to them at the center where they take the exam in the objective format, within the prescribed time-frame.
Selection process after SBI Clerk Exam.
IBPS may publish the results of the SBI Clerk Exam some time in October 2016. It is not confirmed whether there will be any interviews this time around, but SBI has mentioned it in the notification that a test on local language will be there. A final rank list will be published by summing the marks from the interview and online test, the same will be used to fulfill existing and upcoming clerk openings in the State Bank locations. The whole process of the SBI recruitment completes when the selected candidates get the appointment letter.