SBI Clerk Recruitment is a once-a-year hiring process through which the largest employer in the Indian banking sector takes new clerical staffs. From 2016, this procedure includes a multi-stage online exam. IBPS powers the registration for SBI recruitment and the web-based clerk exam. If you’re looking forward to a Clerk job at SBI, or its partner banks like SBT, SBM, SBP, SBBJ, SBH, etc. you can check the dates, schedule and the application process in the following sections.
The Indian government is planning for a merger of State Bank of India and its associates. However, a decision is long-pending on account of the protests from employees. Hence, the recruitments to SBI and SBI associates are held separately, although SBI manages both.
SBI Clerical Cadre employees are also known as assistants. Clerks get assigned to various roles after a course of training and evaluation that start from the date of their joining. After successful probation, they will be posted to Customer Care, Sales, Marketing, Cards and other sections, or as a teller. They are the people assisting customers on opening new savings bank accounts, issuing drafts, processing cheques, etc.
Difference between IBPS Clerk and SBI Clerk
- The starting salary for a Clerk at SBI is slightly higher than IBPS banks as there are more allowances.
- As of now, CIBIL status of the applicant is not considered for IBPS Clerk registration.
- IBPS offers more vacancies, although it’s split across more than 22 banks participating in the recruitment. However, you have to wait until the final allotment to know the Bank where you get allotment.
- Both career options provide the same kind of benefits but more candidates prefer SBI Clerk than IBPS, and hence the competition is pretty high for SBI Exams.
Let’s have a look at the job profile, salary and other benefits offered for an SBI Clerk.
Now that you’ve decided to apply for the SBI Clerk Recruitment let’s have a look at the approximate salary you would get if selected as an SBI Clerk.
As shown on the image, the Basic pay for SBI Clerk is 11765. Then there is an annual increment of 655 for the first three years until the Basic reaches 13730. From thereon the increment is 815 for the next three years, and it goes like this up to a basic of 31540. It may take years to reach this scale, but you can get quick promotions to higher levels if you pass internal examinations in time.
We have calculated the above figure by taking the Basic minimum salary and by including the existing benefits available for bank clerks in India. However, the remuneration offered to SBI Clerk as per the official notification is 20950. You have to subtract at least 10% from this amount to get the in-hand salary; that is around 18850.
SBI Clerk Recruitment dates and course of events.
The following table illustrates the general procedure of the newly announced SBI Clerk Recruitment in 2016. It all starts with the registration through a custom web page allocated by IBPS.
SBI didn’t announce the exact date for the online Prelims and Main Examination, but it is almost confirmed that you could download the call letters for the respective exams, around the dates listed above. SC/ST and women candidates (applying under special recruitment to Kashmir, Meghalaya) may request for the pre-exam training happening in the first week of May.
SBI Clerk Job options in the latest recruitment.
- Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales): More than 13500 vacancies, including the backlog from 2015.
- Junior Agriculture Associate: Approximately 3500 vacancies.
Since clerical posts are confined to State borders, you have to check the State-wise vacancies to find the exact number of jobs available in your location. Such details are mentioned in the SBI Clerk notification, given below.
Before you start with SBI clerk application form, a few things..
As you see in the schedule posted above, registration for the SBI clerk exam starts on 05-04-2016, and the application form will accept candidates until 28-04-2016.
- The careers section on the SBI website; www.sbi.co.in is where you get all updates related to the SBI jobs. You may also use the information provided here to jump-start into the registration.
- Download and save the latest SBI Clerk 2016 advertisement (PDF), here.
- Get your latest photo and signature scanned, for your clerk application to be inline with the requirements of IBPS.
- Compare your educational, age, and other qualifications with the SBI mandates and confirm that you’re eligible for the clerk exam in 2016.
- Eligibility: Age (as on 01-04-2016)-20 to 28, Proficiency in local language, Educational qualification- Degree for customer support and sales, Degree in agriculture sciences for junior agriculture associate post.Candidates currently studying their course are also eligible for applying SBI clerk, provided they pass the final year exam, and get their result on or before 30-06-2016.
- Age based relaxation is applicable to the category for aspirants listed below.
- Defaulted your educational loan or credit card payments? You might be there in CIBIL list. Those who have a low CIBIL score are not eligible to apply for SBI recruitments of any kind.
- Arrange your Certificates, Credit/Debit card on your desk, and check whether the Internet connection is stable.
Apply online for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016
Proceed to the link given below, and bookmark it on your browser. Then, there is a yellow registration button in the top tight corner where you can begin your registration. You will get a temporary password and registration number after completing the first page.
The registration info will be sent to your email address and mobile number. You may use this data to log in and continue with to your web application form if it fails anytime during the application process. A candidate can choose to apply any one of the two posts available for this year’s SBI Clerk recruitment. Multiple registrations are not allowed.
You will receive an SMS notification once you make the payment and confirm your registration. Don’t forgot to download your application form e-Payment receipt by logging into the page linked above. In case you have any doubts, watch the following video which shows how you apply for SBI Clerk Exam 2016.
SBI Clerk Exam syllabus, and method of valuation
Since SBI follows the IBPS online examination’s pattern, the model and valuation method for the clerk Exam is very same. There are two consecutive exams, namely prelims and Mains. Candidates have to pass the prelims to get selected for the Mains. The syllabus of the objective style exam is given above. SBI will only consider the scores in Main Exam for final selection, and it will be added to the interview scores to form the rank list.
About interviews and selection to SBI Clerical Cadre
The government of India has decided to avoid interviews for Clerical Cadre posts. However, SBI has notified that there may be interviews for this year’s clerk recruitment if they get permission for the same. Anyway, a test of local language will be there, at least when the selected candidates join the bank. As per SBI, the newly selected Junior Clerks/Assistants will undergo a probation period of six months, and while on this, they will be provided with 15 e-lessons. The probation of candidates who fails to complete these e-lessons will be extended and evaluated as per bank’s standards.
0 of 8 questions completed
Test your knowledge with these sample question taken from Bank Clerk Exams.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 8 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. QuestionCategory: General Awareness (Importance to Banking & Finance)
The cabinet Minister for Housing, Urban development and parliamentary affairs in the union council of ministers is _______
2. QuestionCategory: General Awareness (Importance to Banking & Finance)
The World Cancer day is observed every year on ______
3. QuestionCategory: General Awareness (Importance to Banking & Finance)
In International Banking terms, ‘Appreciation’ of Rupee means ……………..
4. QuestionCategory: General Awareness (Importance to Banking & Finance)
The book ‘Wandering in many Worlds’ is the autobiography eminent jurist and former Supreme Court Judge…………..
5. QuestionCategory: General Awareness (Importance to Banking & Finance)
Capital Market in India is controlled by which of the following?
6. QuestionCategory: General Awareness (Importance to Banking & Finance)
Which of the following is not the Banking Organization?
7. QuestionCategory: General Awareness (Importance to Banking & Finance)
Who amongst the following is the chairperson of the newly conducted ‘NITI AYOG’?
8. QuestionCategory: General Awareness (Importance to Banking & Finance)
The term ‘CASA’ is used in which of the following industries?
A book recommendation
RPH’s book on SBI & Associates Banks Clerk Exam: If you’re preparing for any bank clerk exam by State Bank of India and or its associates in 2016, we recommend that you buy the R Gupta’s book with previous year’s question papers and answers. This text starts with solved questions from the 2015’s SBI Associate’s Clerk Exam and has coverage up to 2007. The best thing we like about this book is the explanations provided for Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude sections, and the low price.. Buy it here.