Who is an SBI PO? How to become an officer at State Bank of India? How is it different from IBPS PO? When is the next date to apply for SBI PO exam? What is the procedure for online registration? If these are your questions, you have reached the correct website. We will tell you everything about State Bank PO Recruitment in 2016 in the following segments.
About the SBI PO Recruitment
State Bank being the biggest financial company in India has around 15000 branches, and for this reason, they recruit staffs pretty often and in a large-scale. Most of the SBI vacancies are in PO, Clerk, and Specialist positions, and for each, they conduct yearly online entrance tests as per their requirements. SBI PO Exam is exclusively intended for the selection of junior managers within the company. The probationary officers chosen through this recruitment will undergo a training period of two years before they are moved to higher management divisions and scales. The POs have to complete their probation successfully to confirm their work at the bank. There will be a screening process after the probation.
Those who achieve a pre-determined and exceptional standard in this training will be directly posted to Middle Management Scale 2, and those who just pass the screening process will start their career from Middle Management Scale 1. The trainees who fail the tests will get terminated from the employment. Upon confirmation, the officers will be installed to manage credit, loans, personal banking, establishments, sales, advertising, technology and other sections at SBI branches in India and abroad. SBI conducts a separate registration for the PO recruitment to it’s Associates banks like SBT, SBM, SBH, SBBJ and SBP.
SBI PO or IBPS PO, which is better: advantages and disadvantages
- The job role of an SBI and IBPS PO is the same; the only difference is in the recruitment process, and certain benefits the officers get.
- SBI PO officers get a higher initial salary of 45000, whereas IBPS POs get 38000, without considering the tax and DCPS deductions around 11%.
- The higher initial salary is on account of the 4 additional increments with contributes to the Basic and the DA.
- IBPS PO Recruitment selects officers to all other public-sector banks expect SBI, and it’s associates.
- There are approximately 25000 PO vacancies through IBPS, but it’s around 2500 through SBI PO.
- The training procedure and promotion of the POs to higher scales is a bit different at SBI.
- There is a descriptive test in SBI PO exam.
- Candidates need to pass the CIBIL verification to qualify for SBI PO job.
SBI PO Salary Structure
On completion of the training, an SBI PO is eligible for a monthly emolument of 40000 INR; that is the in-hand salary cutting 5000 towards taxes and contributory pension scheme. Apart from this SBI offers leased accommodation (max of 30000), medical aid (8000), and loans at preferential rates. As we already mentioned, POs who excel in the training phase are directly selected to MMG Scale 2, after the 2 year probation. The starting salary for such candidates will be above 50000 INR as their Basic Pay is 31705.
SBI PO Recruitment Dates in 2016
Thinking of applying for SBI PO Exam in 2016? What you see below is the schedule and dates of the ongoing recruitment. IBPS assists SBI in handling the following stages of the recruitments. IBPS system is what used for SBI PO registrations, fee payment, SMS based intimations, Online Exams, etc.
|SBI PO Recruitment Schedule||Dates|
|Online Registration||04-05-2016 to 24-05-2016|
|Closure of fee payment||30-05-2016|
|Pre-Exam training for eligible candidates||From 20-06-2016 to 25-06-2016|
|Download PO Prelims Call Letter||14-06-2016|
|SBI PO Preliminary Exam||2, 3, 9, and 10th of July 2016|
|Prelims Exam results||18-07-2016|
|Download Call Letter for Main Exam||21-07-2016|
|IBPS PO Main Exam||31-06-2016|
|Download Interview Letter||22-07-2016|
|SBI PO Interviews||01-08-2016|
That’s so lengthy isn’t it? Candidates have to pass through all these phases for getting selected as a probationary officer.
Eligibility Requirements for SBI PO registration
The eligibility conditions for SBI PO Exam is exactly similar to the IBPS PO Exam expect for the CIBIL score part. Match your qualifications to the criteria given below to validate whether you’re eligible to apply for SBI PO in the ongoing or upcoming sessions.
Age: The Age is calculated as on 04-05-2016. Aspirants in the 21-30 age group and permitted to register for the exam. However, a relaxation of the upper age limit applies to some classes as shown below.
Educational Qualification: Pass in degree course as on 31-08-2016. Merely as a pass from a recognized university is enough, there is no percentage requirement. Aspirants perusing the final months of their degree course may also apply, provided they get the course certificate before the date mentioned above.
CIBIL status: In 2016, SBI introduced a new clause to the eligibility conditions for PO, Clerk and other careers with the Bank. Only those candidates who have a satisfactory credit score are eligible to apply. That means, loan defaulters and those who have a bad credit history in CIBIL database need not apply for the PO Exam.
Steps to apply for SBI PO Recruitment
We have prepared a full video of the SBI application process for the PO Exam in 2016. If you’re applying SBI recruitment for the first-time, we advice you watch the video or the instructions given below, before you start with the registration.
- Refer the eligibility requirements for SBI PO Exam and cross-check your age and educational qualifications.
- Apply online for a CIBIL score at cibil.com if you have had defaulted your loan/credit card, or if you’ve any doubt on your credit history. It may take a few days for your CIBIL score to arrive.
- The application form is collected online, and candidates are required to upload their photo and signature to the form during registration. There is a particular format for this photo and signature that you use for SBI PO recruitment and is similar to the IBPS requirements.
- Download the SBI PO advertisement here. Details like syllabus, pattern of the exam, and location of examination centers are given in the notification.
- Open careers link on SBI website www.sbi.co.in, or the link provided above to open the SBI PO application form.
- The registration has multiple stages. The first page collects candidate’s Full Name, email address, and the phone number.
- Candidates at least need to complete 1st page of the application form to get their registration number and password. After this, they may use this information to log in and fill out the rest of the form, anytime during the online registration dates.
- Currently, a general category applicant has to pay 600 INR to confirm the SBI PO registration; it’s only 100 INR for SC/ST and other backward communities.
- Candidates should download the full page application form and e-payment receipt for future use.
- For any help on this recruitment process, you may mail at email@example.com, or call 022-22820427 on banking hours.
It is not possible to change the center or any part of the application form after making the payment/ clicking the final submit button. It is wise to use the save and edit option if you encounter any error during the registration.