IBPS has literally become a synonym for Bank exams in India. They are basically an organization from Mumbai, which has the contract and authorization from Banks, Public sector corporations, Insurance firms, etc. for hiring new and qualified staff. IBPS mainly focuses on Bank Recruitment, but lately other businesses have also begun using the their platform on account of its credibility. Also known as the Institute of Banking Personal Selection, IBPS assist their clients by making the tedious process of hiring new employees, simple and streamlined. IBPS has the competence to collect online applications from lakhs of aspirants, and resources to organize web-based examinations from different parts of the country. In this page, we present you the news on latest IBPS recruitments, and the ways to register/apply for each one of the online exams.
IBPS, in its own terms, conducts a PO, Clerk, Specialist and RRB Recruitment annually, and the full list of banks accepting this process in 2016 is given here. IBPS traditionally reports an upcoming Bank Exam on their website through a notification, a few days before the enrolling begins. Applicants should download and read the advertisement (PDF) posted on IBPS website ibps.in for instructions on registration dates, eligibility, and other formalities. So, when you might be able to apply for the next IBPS exam? The following table will guide you with the approximate dates.
Couldn’t apply for the IBPS Exam in time? check for the alternatives or the related career options in the following sections.
IBPS is also responsible for,
- SBI & SBI Associates recruitment: SBI and Associate Banks (SBT, SBM, SBP, SBBJ, SBH) use IBPS’s web examination system for PO, Clerk and Specialist Recruitments. Refer this page for more information about applying for the SBI Recruitment in 2016.
- Recruitment to Public Sector Insurance companies: Government owned Insurance companies like Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), NICL, UIIC, OICL, SBI Life relies on IBPS for hiring Clerks (Assistants) and Officers.
- Recruitment to Govt.Banks and Institutions of National importance: The central bank of the country, RBI has designated IBPS for their Assistant and Officer Grade-B examinations. Govt. organizations like SEBI, RBI Note Mudran Private Limited, IRDA, SIDBI, NCPI, EXIM Bank, Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India, etc. are also and a few from the long list of IBPS followers.
The additional recruitments quoted on this page are the job opportunities available at the IBPS’s patron firms, which also uses IBPS’s online test platform. An IBPS aspirant may apply for such recruitments as all these companies offer nearly identical benefits, and have similar eligibility standards and application norms. Although the online registrations for these exams are through IBPS, further details of the same will not be available on IBPS website; candidates should check the official site of the corresponding IBPS partner to download call letters, check results, etc.
Ongoing Bank Exams though IBPS.
As of November 29, IBPS is accepting applications from candidates for the following bank vacancies, through dedicated web forms. Each of these exams may have different eligibility norms, fees, syllabus, etc. but the way you apply online is the same, as shown at the end of this section. For your convenience, we have marked the ongoing, upcoming and recently completed IBPS recruitments in Green, Orange and Grey colors respectively.
Scroll down towards the end of this page for application forms and the process of filling it online.
IBPS Specialist Recruitment 2017: IBPS will open the registration form for 2017’s Specialist Recruitment to Indian Public Sector public sector Banks on 16-11-2016. Through this exercise, the institute selects people to 6 different posts namely, IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, Raj Bhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer. The IBPS specialist recruitment includes an online examination (SO) and a joint interview; selected candidates will be recruited to one of the 20 participating organizations, in 2017. An SO officer will get MMGS Scale-1 salary at around 35000. For more details like eligibility, syllabus, etc. download the IBPS SO 2017 notification.
IDBI Bank Executive Recruitment: Industrial Development Bank of India, presently known as IDBI is a Govt. owned banking firm based in Mumbai. The bank, which is continuously increasing its presence across the country is planning to employ at least 500 executives in the coming year 2017. IDBI has chosen IBPS to conduct the online registration and examination for IDBI Executive Recruitment, and the process has already begun. Graduates with at least 60% marks, and in the age group 20-25 may apply online for this job opportunity from 16-11-2016 to 30-11-2016. Please note that this job is on the contract basis, and the selected candidates will get 17000 pm as salary upon appointment, for one year. Those who are interested may download the notification for exact wordings.
IDBI Bank Assistant Manager (PO) Recruitment: Here is another job opportunity from IDBI Bank. This recruitment also involves online registration and examination through IBPS. However, selected candidates are required to undergo one-year PG Diploma course at Manipal School of Banking, and upon completion, they will be posted as Assitant Manager at IDBI locations. There are 1000 seats available for grab. Graduates at least 60% marks may apply online for this vacancy from 26-11-2016 to 09-12-2016 if they are in the age group 20-28. For more details, download the advertisement.
Bank of Baroda Specialist Recruitment 2017: BOB is one of the biggest public sector banks in India, which comes after SBI when you take business and the number of branches. The bank, also known as BOB has announced a recruitment drive for the selection of senior specialist officers to its branches for the requirement in 2017. As per the advertisement, BOB needs approximately 1039 SOs to 33 different posts categories under JMG S-I, MMG S II, III and SMG IV scales. IBPS started the online registration for BOB SO recruitment on 09-11-2016 and the opportunity will last until 29-11-2016. Candidates interested in applying for this job may download the advertisement to read further information.
SBI Specialist Officer Recruitment 2017: State Bank of India has announced the upcoming selection of specialized officers to its wealth management and relationship sections. SBI requires personals who have previous knowledge in managing HNWI customers, preferably as a relationship manager, investment or financial adviser. There is a total of 103 vacancies across the different category of posts, as per the notification displayed on the SBI careers website. IBPS already begin accepting the registrations for this job opportunity and you fill-up the application form until 12-12-2016. Have a look at the advertisement for eligibility conditions, duties of the recruited officers, schedule, etc.
Things to note, before you start registering for IBPS Recruitments.
- Download the appropriate IBPS Job notification.
- Compare your educational qualifications and age to the IBPS norms for the given recruitment and ensure that you’re eligible for the job. You also have to check the timetable of the examination, and the centers present in your State, etc. to avoid any chaos at a later point in time.
- Ready a photo and signature as per the IBPS standards: IBPS requires the candidates to upload a passport size photo and digital signature to their website while filling the form. The same will be attached to your downloadable registration form, and will be verified at the examination center. The application form may reject photo and signature, which are not in a dimension and size as given below.
- Photoshop/ Microsoft Paint can be used to modify the width and height of the photo uploads. For adjusting the size, you may Google for a “photo compression tool,” but keep an eye on the clarity/resolution of the output image while making the changes.Candidates have to provide an email address and a mobile number while registering for IBPS exams. Make sure to add emails from IBPS in the white-list, and turn-off DND on your phone number to receive further alerts on your registration.
- Candidates have to provide an email address and a mobile number while registering for IBPS exams. Make sure to add emails from IBPS in the white-list, and turn-off DND on your phone number to receive further alerts on your registration.
- Bank Preference: For some recruitments, IBPS asks the candidates to input their “Bank Preference” during the application. They are giving you the option to choose the banks that you favor, from a list of participating organizations; chances are very for you to get a placement in one of the preferred banks if you get a good IBPS score. It would be a great time-saver if you could line-up a bank preference list before you start with the registration.
- Valid proofs should support all the information you enter in the IBPS form, during the interviews, especially the community and quota claims. So double-check everything as you cannot change anything once you submit the application form.
- Typically, the registration fee for applying IBPS Bank Exam in 2016 is 600 INR (General) and 100 INR for (SC/ST). However, the exact fee amount will be displayed on the last page of the IBPS registration form, before you make the payment.
Steps to Apply for IBPS Bank Exams, online in 2016
Keep all your certificates and documents on the table as you move on to register for the IBPS recruitment. You have to complete the registration in 20 minutes, but then there is a a “save/edit later” option if you need more time.
The way you apply online is the same for all IBPS bank exams of PO, Clerk, RRB, and Specialist cadres, and there no prospect for confusions if you have already applied for one. However, first-time applicants are advised to read the instructions given below.
On this day on November 2016, you can apply for one of the following IBPS Recruitments.
Apply online for IBPS Specialist Recruitment 2017: Click here
Application form for IDBI Bank Executive Exam 2017: Click here.
Register for IDBI Bank Assistant Manager Recruitment 2017: Click here
Apply for SBI Specialized Officer Exam 2017: Click here.
Registration form for Bank of Baroda (SO) Specialist Recruitment: Click here
From the options given above, decide on which Bank Exam you may want to appear, and click on the appropriate link; it loads an IBPS web page assigned to the Exam of your choice. The full schedule of registration phase will be given on the left-side of the site. Bookmark it, it is your start-point for the entire time span of the recruitment.
Now click on the Yellow Button at the top-right corner to begin your registration.
The system will pop-up a set of instructions for the applicant. Read it thoroughly before entering the details on the first page of the application form, which collects the applicant’s name, email, and mobile number. Upon successful completion of this section, you have to save it and proceed to upload the photo and signature. IBPS will generate a temporary user ID and password as soon as you finish the first page of the web form; this can be used to sign in to IBPS system at any time during the period of online registration, complete the remaining portions and submit the form. We have created a video of the IBPS registration for the novice applicants, and is given below.
In the end, IBPS will display the complete information you provided on a single page as a digital application form. Accept all terms as required and submit the form; you won’t be able to edit it after this point. Your registration for the IBPS Exam will be confirmed after paying the fees mentioned on the next page. Finally, go back to IBPS’s home page for the recruitment, login and download your application form and e-Payment receipt.
IBPS: answers to your questions in the comment section
What is IBPS? is it the only way to apply for a banking career in India?
IBPS is a Mumbai based firm specializing in staff recruitments for banks, insurance companies, and related businesses through computer-based online tests. IBPS is now the officially accepted path to apply for a Govt. Bank Job in India, especially when it comes to PO, Clerk, and Specialist positions. Unfortunately, your options are limited if you’re looking for a govt. bank career in 2016 without IBPS exam. However, there are thousands of non-IBPS job opportunities in private banks like HDFC, ICICI, Kotak, HSBC, Yes Bank, etc.
How may times I can apply for IBPS Exams?
There is no limit on the number of times you may apply for IBPS recruitment as long as the educational and age criteria are met.
I’m looking forward to registering an IBPS PO/Clerk/Specialist/RRB recruitment in 2016, but I couldn’t find the details here?
IBPS’s Exam’s registrations are usually held in the second-half of the year, starting from July. What you see here might be the ongoing or recently completed recruitments to related job opportunities. Refer the table given at the top for the schedule of next recruitment.
I’m trying to fill the application online, and I see that one of the drop-down menus is not loading. What to do now?
It is a phenomenon when your Internet connection is slow. On weak broadband, the web application fails to load the content of the drop-down from the database, and you will see an unresponsive menu. If your Internet connection is stable, then you may have to double-check the already completed sections of your application form for any misses. Sometimes, the menu requires a proper input in the previous data fields to populate the drop-down.
Why there is no offline payment option?
IBPS seems to have discontinued the previously available offline fee payment for the Bank exams. However, they have expanded the choices under the online payment mode. Now you can choose Internet Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/ IMPS/ Wallets like PayTM, Jio, Airtel Money, etc. as per your convenience.
IBPS deducted money from my account but application was not accepted?
IBPS uses a payment gateway (BillDesk) to collect money from the candidates. You have to complete the payment within a few minutes once you reach the payment interface, not doing so will expire the session, and you will end up with an error page. BillDesk will automatically refund your money for incomplete transactions with IBPS, but you may always email “support at billdesk dot com” if you face any delay. Wait for a few hours to re-try if you feel that failure is due to a technical glitch
Does IBPS allow multiple registrations?
No, you cannot register twice for any IBPS recruitment unless it is expressly stated in the advertisement. In the case of IBPS RRB Recruitment, one may apply for Assistant and one of Officer posts as both are different positions. If there is a payment failure, login and check whether your application was accepted or not. If it is not accepted you may pay again to confirm your registration.
Is is possible to change the examination center/ any other data after submitting the form?
As per the current policies, it is not allowed under any circumstances..
How to contact IBPS in case of any issues or complaints?
Except for the bank holidays, IBPS support is available for candidates from 9.30 AM to 6 PM through their toll-free numbers 1800222366 and 18001034566; they also responds for emails to: registration_ helpdesk at ibpsorg dot org. In case the phone number is not working, you may register a complaint by going to the website http://cgrs.ibps.in, dedicated to grievance redressal at IBPS. Candidates will get a complaint ID once they submit the form, which they can use to monitor the progress of redressal.
We update this page regularly to include latest IBPS Job opportunities. If you like this initiative and think that it may be useful for others, please recommend and follow us on Google Plus or Facebook. We will buzz you with timely alerts.